Desktop widget not updating

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
RDaneel

Desktop widget not updating

Post by RDaneel »

Widget hasn't updated for the last two days.
It keeps reporting "an unknown error has occurred".
e020613

Re: Desktop widget not updating

Post by e020613 »

RDaneel wrote:Widget hasn't updated for the last two days.
It keeps reporting "an unknown error has occurred".
right, got the same problem. i am using the yahoo! widgets as well, the "boinc stats" widget reports an unknown error that includes the suggestion to visit boinc.mundayweb.com. tried to login to my account, but there's nothing but an almost empty login screen showing "Paypal" under BOINC Stats Login.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi guys,

It looks like my web host has made a PHP configuration change that has unfortunately broken some of the scripts on my site (a long story).

I have patched the XML feed script that supplies the widgets so they should be working again - you may have to reload the widget first.

The rest of the site is another problem. My web host is working on it. Depending on how they get on, I will endeavour to patch the rest of the BOINC domain either later tonight or tomorrow.

Apologies for this unexpected problem,

Neil.
e020613

Post by e020613 »

Neil wrote:...you may have to reload the widget first...
Dear Neil,

thank you very much for your quick reply. Just received your answer, and of course reloaded the widget/ the app / yahoo! widgets immediately. unfortunatelly, nothing changed, error message is still the same.

anyway, i am very glad that you do care 'bout that kind of minor inconvenience, and i am looking forward to the solution. thank you very much again, and pls keep on doing your excellent work. thank you.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Just re-checked the widgets....

In my haste to patch the XML feed, I made a typo which meant that the BOINC Team widget was not working, but the BOINC User widget should have been working fine.

I have just re-tested both widgets now that the XML feed has been patched (again) and they are both working correctly (version 0.91 - user, version 0.41 - team).

Can you try again please and let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Neil.
e020613

Post by e020613 »

Dear Neal,

from this day forth you are my new #1 hero... =:-) The widget works perfect again, so i can enjoy the rest of this day; and week; and month; and year.

Again, thank you very much for your work & your care. many greetings from the sunny but icecold centre of Hun country. =:-)
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

You're too kind ;-)

Glad it's working again.

Cheers,

Neil.