Which names/numbers are required?

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
MisterCat

Which names/numbers are required?

Post by MisterCat »

Recently I detached from three BOINC projects and added one: World Community Grid. Imagine, then, my anxiety at not being able to get your very nice signature-block graphic to show this new affiliation!

I have tried every conceivable name and account number (of which there are unfortunately several) mentioned in connection with my BOINC and/or World Community Grid account, all to no avail. None of these identifiers, apparently, are to be found in some data base or other.

Well, I must be in somebody's data base because my local machine is happily running the World Community Grid application! Would you be so kind as to tell me EXACTLY where I can find this name or number you wish me to provide?

:?:

P.S.: One seemingly-knowing friend told me to wait 24 hours and try again. I've waited the 24 hours and am still unable to solve your name/number puzzle.

=^..^=
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

Have you tried the Boinc Account Number that's in the My Profile section of the WCG website.

Also you may need to wait until you've received credit to appear.

WCG operates differently to the other projects because they have their own credit system.

Be warned that WCG points are not the same as BOINC credits and you will only show credits based on the BOINC system on your sig.

I have 3,199 WCG points but only 457 BOINC credits.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
MisterCat

Aha!

Post by MisterCat »

Yes, clarkf1, I've tried that number as well. Thank you none the less for your information about the peculiarities of this BOINC / World Community Grid relationship. It'll probably be a few more days before the first work unit is completed, so I'll just wait until the weekend and try all this again.

:beer:

=^..^=
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

As ClarkF1 said, there's always one and in BOINC's case it's WCG putting the cat amongst the pigeons!

The sure fire way of ensuring your stats are added is to use the "account ID" listed in your profile at WCG's web site.

Good luck!

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

It also depends on how long the other people crunching the WU take in order to meet the quorum
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080