Becoming a Mirror

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Raven

Becoming a Mirror

Post by Raven »

I looked over the part about becoming a mirror, and I may be able to help, but I have a few questions:

First, What is GD library, and how might I find out if I have an adequate version on my domain if it is being hosted by someone else?

Second, how big are the scripts that need to be installed?

Third, how important is ftp access, as I'm not sure if I can arrange it such that you could ftp in and have it publicly accessible?

Cheers!
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Raven,

The GD library is an open source image library that can be used with PHP. As of PHP 4.3 (I think), it is bundled with PHP so you no longer need to download and set it up yourself.

The mirror script is only 18.6Kb so requires hardly any space!

You will get a lot of hits though.

To find out if your PHP installation has the GD image library, just create a file with the following contents and call it something like "test.php".

Code: Select all

<?php
    phpinfo();
?>
Then load this page in your web browser. Search the page for "GD". If you find a section about said library, then everything should be ok.

FTP access would be desirable to allow me to update the script, but I can always e-mail the updated script to you (I already do this with two of the mirrors).

Hope this helps,

Neil.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Well, my GD is up to snuff, but, I just discovered I have a cap on my bandwidth of 2GB. That just ain't gonna cut it, I know, so... ah well. If I get anything better, I'll let you know.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

No probs ;-)

Neil.