HashClash

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

HashClash

Post by Halifax--lad »

Well its out on BOINC Synergy Forums, so might as well post it here.

New Project

HashClash

XML
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
cox

Post by cox »

Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

No need to ask if they don't want new participants then they should shut the doors, just like BURP, SETI, Malaria Control etc did.
Hey guys,

We did not publicly announce this project yet, since we just started and still are learning about setting up a BOINC project and maintaining it.
However, you are most welcome to contribute. Of course in return we will keep the XML statistics up to date and they can be made public.
Hi NeoGen,

I don't know exactly whether our server can handle all that. It is currently a PentiumIII 500Mhz running Debian 3.1 with a 100mbit internet connection.

Maybe it is better to keep it quiet a bit longer.
The current stage of the project is almost finished and it might be some time before we can start the next stage. And we don't want people to get disappointed about HashClash if they just joined and couldn't get any work anymore. Furthermore we could use the time in between to make sure our server can hold the stress.
Since it went public in all the forums it has hardly seen an increase in numbers at all. Its at 128 people which is hardly anything to say it has been a whole weekend.

So they can cope with it :!:
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

As I have yet to update the mirrors to handle QMC, I think I will wait until I return to the UK before adding this project.

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

13 Mar 2006
Our server was under mayor stress and apparently some important processes were killed. We had to restart the server and account creation will be disabled for now.
That's with 132 participants.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
cox

Post by cox »

The HashClash-admin allowed Willy to publish the stats.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

cox wrote:The HashClash-admin allowed Willy to publish the stats.
They didn't allow they just gave permission :lol: :lol:

The stats were always there to be taken and they did make it clear they could be used
cox

Post by cox »

Halifax--lad wrote:
cox wrote:The HashClash-admin allowed Willy to publish the stats.
They didn't allow they just gave permission :lol: :lol:

The stats were always there to be taken and they did make it clear they could be used
Hm, in German it's the same, to give somebody a permission to do something or to allow somebody something. Me and my english ...