Similar Team Names

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
clarkf1
Established Member

Similar Team Names

Post by clarkf1 »

Hi Neil,

Hope your business trip is going well.

Just a quick question about Team Names for AIO.

I'm a member of WCG and The Knights Who Say Ni! is listed there as The knights who say Ni!

Is it possible to get your script to ignore capitalisation so the teams read as being the same or not? The WCG won't appear on the team graphic if I select the one with all the capitals in it.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

I guess the easy way would be for you to ask the team founder to amend the team name, is that something you can get them to do clarkf1 :?:
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

It's an interesting point - I'll look into it.

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

The person who founded the team hasn't returned any results and doesn't visit the team forums so no-one knows who it is.

There's already been a post about this problem over there but no-one can do anything about it.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

clarkf1 wrote:The person who founded the team hasn't returned any results and doesn't visit the team forums so no-one knows who it is.

There's already been a post about this problem over there but no-one can do anything about it.
Shame WCG won't change the founder over, they have that power, but I bet they won't use it
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

The team name selection should now be case insensitive. Let me know if there are any problems.

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

Seems to work fine........

I guess now would not be a good time to let you know that I've decided to stop crunching this project.......

17 on one machine is overkill I think......reduced it to 10

Thanks for the ultra-remote control fix though.....

Can you remember what life was like before the Internet????
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

No - worries. I put a snapshot of all my docs from my desktop machine onto my latop before leaving, so making source code changes it pretty simple... well providing they're not too taxing!

Hmmm.... life before the Internet... that's a tough question and whole essays could be written on the subject.

In short though, so many things revolve around the Internet today that it would be a disaster if it ever got taken out. As well as powering hundreds of thousands (even millions of) businesses, the web is a fantastic tool and communication medium. Just look at Google's search engine and Google Earth. Without it, we wouldn't have found the nearest Hooters earlier this evening so easily! lol.

Neil.
carlos

Post by carlos »

Neil wrote:The team name selection should now be case insensitive. Let me know if there are any problems.

Neil.
Well done. :D

Our team has this problem too
http://www.fadbeens.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101
Whith u nice "case insensitive fix" , no more a problem.
however,
We are still pursuing a fix from dgnuf (founder of FaDBeens at simap) :wink:
Thanks
ImageImage