Why is MundayWeb banned from AOL & Netscape ?

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
geothermal

Post by geothermal »

Was any specific reason given by them ?

curious,

geothermal
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

When I say banned, I'm assuming they silently drop my registration and password reset e-mails.

I have no idea why. All I know is that when I check my database, AOL users invariably haven't activated their accounts. Also, I get e-mails from some AOL users complaining that their registration e-mails haven't turned up, yet plenty of other users have received them, though they are not with AOL.

Cheers,

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

I think they aren't banned, they might get filtered into a Spam folder or something.

I once found an activation email for another site in my Junk Email folder on a Yahoo account.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
geothermal

Post by geothermal »

>>>I have no idea why.>>>

May I suggest emailing AOL or Netscape Mail to ask them why ?

I checked my spam and trash folders for the email and they were not in there. Are the emails that are auto generated in html or text ?

Jonathan
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

The e-mails are plain text.

I'm not sure e-mailing them would help - I doubt I'd get a reply!

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

There are many other emails that don't make it to AOL, it acts too much like a nanny surely the could leave it to the user of there service to sort out spam and messages they don't want.
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
geothermal

Post by geothermal »

Well, feedback is the only way change is possible. I just now told Netscape Feedback how cool this site is and that the domain should not be blocked. If enough people submit feedback then netscape should stop and let the text emails flow. (^:

http://help.netscape.com/feedback.html

Use nice words and no swearing and hopefully netscape & aol as well, will fix it.

Jonathan
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I've submitted some feedback.

Here it is:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I run a website that provides statistics services for various BOINC projects at http://boinc.mundayweb.com. I have many AOL users. Although e-mails sent by myself are received by them, any automatically generated e-mails from the site, such as password reset e-mails or registration e-mails never turn-up at AOL user's inboxes! The e-mails are sent from "[email protected]".

It would appear they are silently dropped by AOL before reaching the user. The registration e-mails are not spam and are plain text.

If you require any further info, please let me know.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated both by myself and my AOL users.

Thanks for your time,

Neil Munday.
Let's see what happens :shock: