Bug with the yahoo widget

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Noxk

Bug with the yahoo widget

Post by Noxk »

hi,

i have yahoo widget on my computer and the BOINC widget, but when i enter my ID in preferences i have the "XML error : attributes values must be in quote".
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Are you entering your All-In-One account ID? This is the number used in your URLs after "userID=". You can also find out your user ID by logging into your account and going to "Your Account".

Hope this helps,

Neil.
Noxk

Post by Noxk »

hi,

I enter the good ID number (4 digit number) and i have this error, i use the yahoo widget engine 3.0.2 build 79. i tried to enter this ID with quote and i have the error message this is not a valid integer.

thanks for your answer.

noxk
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

You've found a good error there! It brought my machine to a halt when I tried to close the widget engine!!

A bug in the XML feed that supplies the desktop widgets meant that for users who have HTML characters > and < in their name, the widget would fail when parsing the XML. This bug has now been fixed in the XML feed. However, all the widgets need to be updated to translate these characters (and potentially others), back into normal text. I will try to get a new version of the Yahoo! Widgets released tomorrow.

Apologies,

Neil.
Noxk

Post by Noxk »

hi,

Indeed, my name have html caracter : [AF>Bordeaux-CUB]Cyril2fr
You find this bug very quickly without any information.

Many thanks for your job
regards,

Noxk
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

New versions of the widgets have been released to cope with the changes to the XML feed.

Neil.
Noxk

Post by Noxk »

hi,

It works fine !

Many thanks Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

No SETI BETA Data

Post by Halifax--lad »

Hi Neil,

Got a problem with my team widget, it shows the SETI Beta figure as 0.00, on my user widget it does show my individual credit total for this project.

The Team I am in is Lookers but for SETI BETA the team has been named Lookers (JPF Branch), don't know if that is why the total won't show
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

Did you earn the credit before joining the team???
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

If you log into your All-In-One account and go to "Your Graphics", you can choose which team's stats are used in the All-In-One team graphic and widget.

If you crunch for teams with different names, then to my system they will be considered as different teams.

As far as I know there is no such thing as a CPID for teams unfortunately.

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

I went in this morning just to check, it is set up to show all Team Stats for all projects and that it does apart from the SETI BETA Test

See my Team Stat below and look at SETI Beta, it shows zero It should display the credits for this project but for some reason it won't the stats are definatly on your site but for some reason my team one is not pulled through to the sig stat or widget.

The totals for my team on this project according to your site are T =8114.34 A=609.03 and in 29th Position however this is not on my stat

Unable to host a screen shot of my account so have just copied and pasted the part of my account with the team info init

BOINC Alpha Test (112) Lookers
BURP@Home (2810) Lookers
CPDN@Home (71) Lookers
Einstein@Home (490) Lookers
LHC@Home (4141) Lookers
Pirates@Home (785) Lookers
Predictor@Home (125) Lookers
PrimeGrid (713) Lookers
Rosetta@Home (317) Lookers
Seti BETA (912) Lookers (JPF Branch)

Seti@Home (1011642) Lookers
SIMAP (872) Lookers
SZTAKI Desktop Grid (1079) Lookers
The Lattice Project (887) Lookers
uFluids@Home (33) Lookers
World Community Grid (115001) (none)
Last edited by Halifax--lad on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

As I said before if you crunch for teams with different names, then to my system they will be considered as different teams. This is why you cannot show your Seti BETA stats with your other team stats.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

Neil wrote:Hi,

As I said before if you crunch for teams with different names, then to my system they will be considered as different teams. This is why you cannot show your Seti BETA stats with your other team stats.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
Even though the system recognises the teams :?:
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Yes.

As the team names are different, there is no way that my system can know that they are the same team.

From looking at my stats, there are quite a few people that crunch for different teams in different projects. It would therefore be incorrect to group such stats together.

As I said before, it would be nice if there was a CPID for teams!

Neil.