New projects

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

Re: New projects

Post by Neil »

Thanks for the heads up - the project has now been added.

Cheers,

Neil.
philip-in-hongkong

Post by philip-in-hongkong »

Hi Neil,

The waiting of stats from Citizen Science Grid (CSG) http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/csg/ is over. The stats is in the usual place. Free-DC has added it to their list. Please add it.

However, the statistics are combining the three projects - DNA@Home, SubsetSum@Home and Wildlife@Home. If we simply add CSG, we are double counting them for the total BOINC credits. Also these three projects have their individual stats exported. I do not know whether they will be updated in the future (at least SubsetSum@Home is, though there is no WUs at the moment) and should also by the BOINC statistics web sites.

Let every one has a thought of it

Cheers
Philip
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Philip,

Hmm... that's a tough one. From reading the news item on the site it reads to me that the credit from the sub projects is only carried over to the parent project if a user opts to link their accounts?

Maybe the best solution would be to remove the three sub projects from my site and only have the parent project?

Note: I will keep the data from the sub projects for a while.

Cheers,

Neil.
philip-in-hongkong

Post by philip-in-hongkong »

Hi Neil,

There are some discussion at CSG forum on the same issue, including Bok of Free-DC. Simply removing the original projects will result in the loss of some credits of users unless all users choose to link their accounts to the new CSG accounts.

Difficult choices.

Philip
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

The project has now been added.

If needs be, at some later date the "sub-projects" can be disabled on my site which means they wouldn't appear in the stats graphics etc.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

New project from an old one: fightmalaria@home has morphed into FiND@home
New project URL: http://findah.ucd.ie/
FiND@home stands for FightNeglectedDiseases@Home so it will expand beyond Malaria eventually.

It's just being set up now so nothing works yet except the home page, account and the forums but from what I see, credit is being carried over from the previous incarnation to this one.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Thanks for the heads up.

At the time of writing, the stats files are empty :-(

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Not surprising as they haven't issued any work yet.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Ex_Brit wrote:Not surprising as they haven't issued any work yet.
Yep, that would do it! ;-)
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Ex_Brit wrote:New project from an old one: fightmalaria@home has morphed into FiND@home
New project URL: http://findah.ucd.ie/
FiND@home stands for FightNeglectedDiseases@Home so it will expand beyond Malaria eventually.

It's just being set up now so nothing works yet except the home page, account and the forums but from what I see, credit is being carried over from the previous incarnation to this one.
Just got my first work from the newly named project so expect some stats soon. I don't see it listed yet anyway.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

I should add a qualifier. The new WU's are having issues and once again the server has been shut down. In my case and at least one other, the work caused 100% CPU usage in all cores. So they had to be aborted. Teething troubles no doubt, they are working on it.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

I see they are exporting stats now.

I've also found that the URL for FightMalaria: http://boinc.ucd.ie/fmah actually redirects to http://findah.ucd.ie anyway so my site has been using the stats files from the new URL for FightMalaria anyway!

I guess I can just rename "FightMalaria@Home" to "FiND@Home" in this case and update the URLs in my database?

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

I would imagine that's OK, the owner did say something about everyone having transitioned without a hitch. I know my stats were carried over.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Done. The project has been renamed to FiND@Home.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Thanks, FiND it is ;-)
Peter
Toronto, Canada