New projects

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Ex_Brit

Re: New projects

Post by Ex_Brit »

philip-in-hongkong wrote:Hi Neil,

There are 2 updates.

1. QMC@Home has returned. The URL has changed to www.qmcathome.org.
2. New project: Climate@Home. "The climate model that volunteers download is made up of mathematical equations that quantitatively describe how atmospheric temperature, air pressure, winds, water vapor, clouds, precipitation and other factors all respond to the Sun's heating of the Earth's surface and atmosphere. Models help predict how the Earth's climate might respond to small changes in Earth's ability to absorb sunlight or radiate energy into space." Statistics is at the normal place.

Cheers,
Philip
Philip, have you any idea what's going on at Climate@Home? The project appears to be dead. I certainly hope not.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
philip-in-hongkong

Post by philip-in-hongkong »

I have no more ideas than all you guys about Climate@Home. It is not uncommon for projects admins told us that they will have no WUs for a few days because software or hardware updates but have us wait for a life time. Climate@Home has lots of problems since startup and we have to hope that they will not give up trying. So long the website stays alive, there may still be the date. So, just stay tune.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

If they would only answer their posts, that would be a good start.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

..they did start answering posts...
Sorry for the late report. Due to anther urgent project, I spent all my time on that project until the end of this month. The updating of Climate@Home was postponed. Fortunately I can start to work on this project and continue the updating. I will finish the updating asap and create hundreds of tasks.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Not a new project, but an old one come back to life in a different place ...

http://physicshome.tk/physics/

Old accounts are still there and the stats directory has up to date dumps in it.

Cheers,

Al.
philip-in-hongkong

Al just beat me on news of physics@home by a hairline. So, just a little piece on Climates@Home. They has news and WUs now. Got 1 and had credits, though they are out of work now, but more will come surely.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

philip-in-hongkong wrote:Al just beat me on news of physics@home by a hairline. So, just a little piece on Climates@Home. They has news and WUs now. Got 1 and had credits, though they are out of work now, but more will come surely.
Yes they're active. Kai is having difficulty getting his news to appear on the BOINC client News tab though. But is is alive, as they say.

I may dump ABCLLL in favour of physics@home as that project seems to have been dead since one initial splurge. No-one is answering posts or messages.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the heads up.

I've update the site and the project's stats are now up to date again.

Cheers,

Neil :wink:
philip-in-hongkong

Look like PG@Putra (http://boinc.biruni.upm.my/putra/) has been wiped and rebuilt. There are no applications, stats, etc. and needed to be rejoined. In the unlikely event that the project runs again, the old statistics may need rename.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Neil a quick question, what time of day do you gather stats? It's more than 24 hours since I got some credits at Physics@home yet I still can't add it to my graphic. I know they've been distributing them.
http://physicshome.tk/physics/stats/
Peter
Toronto, Canada
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

My Physics stats are stuck too. But they have updated at Free-DC which makes me think it's your fault Neil :lol:

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

The stats are updated from 02:00am BST onwards. The date of the stats on my site are 09:05 02/10/13 whereas the Physics@Home site seems to update around 11:00am each day.

Therefore, the two are slightly out of sync.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

I guess I have to be patient...! Tomorrow hopefully.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

I added both Physics and FightMalaria (FMAH) to my graphic today, thank you Neil. Not very many credits but it's early days.
Peter
Toronto, Canada