New projects

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Re: New projects

Post by ChertseyAl »

And yet another QCN project ...

http://qcn.emsc-csem.org/sensor/

About Quake-Catcher Network EMSC / CSEM
The Quake Catcher Network (QCN) is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research, education, and outreach in seismology. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer. Currently only certain Mac (OS X) PPC and Intel laptops are supported -- recent ones which have a built-in accelerometer. You can also buy an external USB accelerometer.

QCN is based at the Stanford University School of Earth Sciences.

Stats in the usual place.

What next? QCN Mornington Crescent? ;)

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Thanks for the heads up. Support for the project has now been added ;-)
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Neil, not sure this makes a difference at your end.

Skynet Pogs has moved. Main page: http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/

Old one was maybe different, unfortunately I can't check now.

They are also testing an even newer one here: http://production-test.theskynet.org/ which one can link to the old one anyway so the stats are carried over.

CPDN have also moved websites but appear to have forwarded everything.....I think.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the info.

Sadly the SSD in my PC died the other night. I've been trying to fix it, but I'm not to hopeful.

Either way a reinstall of Windows is required so I'll take a look at the URL changes as soon as I am back up and running which hopefully be later next week unless something else fries in the UK heat wave ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Good luck ;-) I had a regular hard drive fail on me a couple of weeks ago so had a similar situation to deal with, but at least I'd had a good 5 years of heavy use out of it. I'm giving SSD's a few years to settle in before I go there.
We have a heat wave too, fortunately a storm that just blew in is going to bring relief because my air conditioners have been going non-stop for about a week now & barely managing to keep me cool. They've just issued a tornado warning for the 'burbs. Weather is becoming a serious matter these days.
Anyway, hope you get fixed up soon.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Pete,

The URL for Skynet Pogs has now been updated and the project's stats have been updated.

The CPDN URL appears to be working ok.

Thanks for the heads up,

Neil.

p.s. SSD up and running again following flashing the latest firmware to the drive and wiping it. Slowly getting my PC back to normal after many software installs! ;-)
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Thanks Neil. Good luck with the machine.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
philip-in-hongkong

Post by philip-in-hongkong »

Hi Neil,

There are 2 updates.

1. QMC@Home has returned. The URL has changed to www.qmcathome.org.
2. New project: Climate@Home. "The climate model that volunteers download is made up of mathematical equations that quantitatively describe how atmospheric temperature, air pressure, winds, water vapor, clouds, precipitation and other factors all respond to the Sun's heating of the Earth's surface and atmosphere. Models help predict how the Earth's climate might respond to small changes in Earth's ability to absorb sunlight or radiate energy into space." Statistics is at the normal place.

Cheers,
Philip
philip-in-hongkong

Post by philip-in-hongkong »

Hi Neil

Me again. Just discover that QMC@HOME has yet to export its statistics since its rebirth. There is no forum too so there is no way to communicate with their admins. So we have to wait. :(

Cheers,
Philip
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Philip,

No worries. As I updated the URLs I hold for the project the other night, my site will poll their stats folder each day. Hopefully they'll add the stats soon.

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

New project: theSkyNet POGSTEST - the PS1 Optical Galaxy Survey

http://54.208.29.24/pogstest/

This is just a test project for POGS and will probably disappear soon. They are exporting stats however.

Note that this is for Android devices only, and is intended to help debug a problem, so for the hardcore crunchers only :)

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

Support for the project has now been added.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

philip-in-hongkong wrote:Hi Neil,

There are 2 updates.

1. QMC@Home has returned. The URL has changed to www.qmcathome.org.
2. New project: Climate@Home. "The climate model that volunteers download is made up of mathematical equations that quantitatively describe how atmospheric temperature, air pressure, winds, water vapor, clouds, precipitation and other factors all respond to the Sun's heating of the Earth's surface and atmosphere. Models help predict how the Earth's climate might respond to small changes in Earth's ability to absorb sunlight or radiate energy into space." Statistics is at the normal place.

Cheers,
Philip

Neil has that 2nd one climate@home been added? If it has I can't find it in the project list by that name. It's a NASA project by the way. No work at the moment but looks to be a promising addition to the climate research fold.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Pete,

Oops, my bad! Not sure how I missed that.

The project has now been added although I noticed that they haven't updated their XML stats since the 30th July (at the time of writing).

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Thanks, I see it now but can't add it as I guess my user details haven't filtered through yet. I haven't received any work units yet anyway.

I'll keep checking.

Then I'll drop ABC Lattices as that seems to be dead in the water a.t.m.

Neither one are answering posts in their forums, so it's anyone's guess what's going on. But as Climate@home is new & NASA-connected, I would think it has a good chance of being a busy one.
Peter
Toronto, Canada