Can't Add ABCLLL@Home (ABC Lattices)

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Ex_Brit

Can't Add ABCLLL@Home (ABC Lattices)

Post by Ex_Brit »

Although the project is listed I can't add my name or user ID.
I get: "There were no matches for search. Please try a different account ID."

Is this because it's new and I am new to it? I do have some credit already.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Re: Can't Add ABCLLL@Home (ABC Lattices)

Post by Neil »

Hi Peter,

With the new site I only glean user information from the XML database dumps and these only contain records for users that have returned credit.

The old site used to parse the HTML stats pages for a project, but this was a bit cumbersome and dependent on the HTML being in a consistent format so I dropped it from the new site. I may re-add the the ability in the future, but for now once you have returned some credit you should be able to add the project.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

I started getting work this morning and the WU's don't take long to process. Right now my credit is 550 but I guess it must take time to get across.
I'll keep trying. Thanks Neil.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

OK Neil, it's been added OK thank you. I notice it's total doesn't agree with my actual total but I assume that's simply delays in communication.
(Actual total at website account is 695 and in my BOINC GUI 388, odd but true).
Now if I could just persuade them to expand their Team list to include mine (amongst others as they only list around 12 I think) things would be fine.

:D
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Glad to hear you managed to add the project in the end. There are 30 teams for the project at the of writing in my database. Hopefully your team should show up any day now, especially as you've now got some credit.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

I thought the team list came from the cross-project databases, in which case they should already have a complete list, surely? It's the first time I've ever signed on to a new project and found the team missing in action and I have joined a fair number of new projects in the past.

I guess again it's a question of waiting and seeing what happens.

Thanks ;-)
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

I've checked your account details in my database and for ABC Latices@Home your user account is not registered with a team. As soon as this has changed in the XML dumps from the project then your record held by my site will be updated.

I do not get team lists from the cross-project databases, I build up all team information from the data I've gleaned from each project's XML dumps.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Until it appears in their database I can't add it unfortunately, so it'll just have to wait until whenever they get around to it I suppose.

Thanks Neil.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

What are you trying to add exactly? I can see that you have already added the project to your AIO account.

On the team signature front, if the team you have joined for ABC Lattices is the same as the team you have chosen to show in your AIO team graphic, then you do not need to do anything... it will show up automatically when the stats get updated.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

The team name appearing in my graphic below is there simply because I made it part of my name in my settings here. This is really an ABCLLL problem. They haven't got all BOINC-wide teams listed and I've been asking them to take care of it but their website keeps going down and/or they don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.
All my projects show me belonging to Team Canada except theirs. I can't join the team on their website because they only have around 30 teams listed.
It isn't anything to do with my settings here, so don't worry about it Neil.
Last edited by Ex_Brit on Fri May 10, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

They've now fixed it. Apparently their firewall settings were blocking teams from downloading data.
Team import seems to be broken due to strict firewall settings, but I managed to include a current list.
Peter
Toronto, Canada