New projects

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Re: New projects

Post by ChertseyAl »

Been holding off mentioning this one as account creation was closed, and stats weren't exported.

However, account creation now open, stats in the usual place :)

http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/

theSkyNet POGS - the PS1 Optical Galaxy Survey

theSkyNet POGS is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in astronomy. We will combine the spectral coverage of GALEX, Pan-STARRS1, and WISE to generate a multi-wavelength UV-optical-NIR galaxy atlas for the nearby Universe. We will measure physical parameters (such as stellar mass surface density, star formation rate surface density, attenuation, and first-order star formation history) on a resolved pixel-by-pixel basis using spectral energy distribution (SED) fitting techniques in a distributed computing mode. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

theSkyNet POGS is based at The International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research.

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Cheers Al, support for the project has now been added.

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

I thought someone had already mentioned this one, but I can't find it. So ...

http://oproject.goldbach.pl/

About OProject@Home

OProject@Home is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

OProject@Home based at OLib Library. The library is open and available in the code.google.com SVN repository.

Linux only at the moment sadly :(

Stats in the expected place, but I'm not sure how frequently they've being updated yet.

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

Support for the project has now been added.

Cheers,

Neil.
philip-in-hongkong

Post by philip-in-hongkong »

Hi Neil,

Happy new year.

There is a long interval between last project with stats exported (OProject@Home) and now. Though new projects come and go but they have simply disappeared, not yet started distributed WUs or export stats. Now that we have one that has at last with its stats exported. I hope that the stats will be updated regularly but it is not sure.

People know that Quake-Catcher Network Sensor Monitoring (http://qcn.stanford.edu/sensor/) (in your list it is QCN Alpha, you may like to rename it as it is not in alpha anymore) monitors earthquake using accelerometer built in the notebook and by usb devices. In addition, Red Atrapa Sismos (http://www.ras.unam.mx/sensor/) run by National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) is a sister project that monitors the earthquakes in Mexico (in your list it is simply called Sensor, you may like to rename it as well). This UNAM project has just updated the stats after a long span of time.

Now, in addition to UNAM's one, there is another sister project that monitors the earthquakes in Taiwan (http://qcn.twgrid.org/sensor/) has its stats exported. The project is run by Academia Sinica in Taipei, Taiwan

Please consider adding it to your list.

Cheers,
Philip
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Phil,

Happy New Year to you too.

The QCN projects have now been renamed for the All-In-One graphics. They were always listed with their full names on the main web pages, just not in the graphics. Oops.

I've also added the QCN Taiwan project.

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

New project: Physics

physics@home is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in solid state physics nanoscale sized and quantum chemistry as well. The project is beta-testing running. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

A project physics@home is completely development by Ph.D Student Kuzmenko Vasyl. The Project is devoted to physics

http://physicsathome.tk/physics/

Stats in the usual place.

Note from the front page: I do not have server. But going to create one on ARM CPU (ODROID-U2 developer board) in a few month. Right now the project physics@home is installed on my desktop. So, I have to shut down it for night :)

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

Thanks for the info. At the time of writing I can't access the site. Will try again in a couple of days.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Until he has it on a server, I think he shuts down for the night as he says so that would explain that Neil.

It's late night in Turkey.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Ah yes, I should read more closely!

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Support for the Physics@Home project has now been added. However, as my update scripts run from 2am to roughly 4am BST, it's quite likely that I won't be able to grab stats from the project until he has got his server running 24/7.

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

New project: ABC Lattices @Home

http://boinc2.cs.hs-rm.de/abclll/

What is ABC Lattices @Home all about?
ABC Lattices @HOME is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers for searching for good abc-triples. Unlike ABC@Home, this project is not aiming for a thorough search of a certain range of numbers. Instead, we are trying to find good triples with the help of a specialized algorithm and educated guesses in areas beyond 2^100. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

ABC Lattices @HOME is based at Hochschule RheinMain - University of Applied Sciences It is as part of my (Jan Gampe) masters thesis 'Parallel algorithms and the abc-conjecture'

Stats in the usual place :)

Cheers,

Al.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Seems worth joining especially as at least one of the projects I have now seems to have died. Hopefully Neil will get this one in the list soon.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi chaps,

Thanks for info, the project has now been added.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Thanks Neil. It wont add for some reason so am going to have to play with it.
Peter
Toronto, Canada