Size

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Nightbird

Size

Post by Nightbird »

Well, only an idea but...
in my All-In-One Account, i have for now 5 projects but i'm running also some others beta projects
when these projects will be officially public and if i wish to add all the projects to my All-In-One Account, i will see logically my All-In-One Account to become greater in size.
So is it possible to split the stats shown in my sig in 2 ?
Image Image
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

With so many BOINC projects around at the moment, I guess I'm gonna have to come up with something to handle the ever increasing graphic sizes.

One solution which is on my to-do-list is to allow users to limit the number of projects shown in their graphics.

If anyone has any other ideas, please reply to this thread.

Cheers,

Neil.
Nightbird

Post by Nightbird »

I'm running (now) 6 projects + 3 alpha/beta.
If i wish to show all the projects that i'm running and like i don't wish to have an All-In-One Account "too big" in size, my idea is to have an All-In-One Account n°1 (why not limited in size ? 5 or 6 projects) then an All-In-One Account n°2 (and why not an All-In-One Account n°3)

Image Image

Of course, for that i would need that you allow to create several different All-In-One Account with sub-total etc...
(Boinc has something "infernal" here : when you begin... :wink: )
Last edited by Nightbird on Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Raven

Post by Raven »

Another possibility on the same lines: In addition to limiting the number of listed projects, allow the user to pick and choose which ones.

Personally, I tend to use the individual project stats more than the all-in-one, but, some people have other ideas.
Ageless

Post by Ageless »

Neil wrote:If anyone has any other ideas, please reply to this thread.
A direct link to a website showing all. Takes up less bandwidth on the forums as well. ;)
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

I personally don't think that the stats should be limited, just give an option in the account area to let the user chose what they want to show be it all of the projects or just a few of there main ones.

Then at least when a project closes the stat could be altered to take it out of view e.g Pirates@Home

I like this stat counter its ease of use and clean crisp look, limting options could drive people away to other sites.
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
Nightbird

Post by Nightbird »

Personally, I tend to use the individual project stats more than the all-in-one, but, some people have other ideas.
I use the individual projects stats on every site where i run the project but on the forum of my Team, i use the all-in-one. :)
Image Image
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I like the idea of allowing users to choose which projects are shown in their All-In-One graphic, as it would be very simple to implement.

I'm away as of tomorrow for 4 days, but I have Friday off work, so I'll try to get it done then.

Thanks for the idea! :wink:

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

Your not allowed to have time off get back at your desk :!: :!: :lol:
Nightbird

Post by Nightbird »

But if i choose all the projects that i'm running in my All-In-One graphic, sooner or later i will have a problem of size. :wink:
Image Image
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

I have now added a new form to the "Your Graphics" section. It allows you to chose which projects you would like shown in your All-In-One graphic.

Enjoy!

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

Nightbird wrote:But if i choose all the projects that i'm running in my All-In-One graphic, sooner or later i will have a problem of size. :wink:
Well if you choose to show all projects then thats upto you, ya will just have to have a size problem, Stop been akward :lol:

Edit: I see what you mean nightbird they are not getting fairly huge maybe there could be a setting to choose the layout or the Stat box for example it could show 5 projects vertically and then carry on going horizontal as well rather than just vertical as it is now.

Don't know if it could be done would be good if it was possible theres plenty of space in forums horizontally for a stat box to take up