Individual & Team graphics not showing up in graphics displa

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
idahofisherman

Individual & Team graphics not showing up in graphics displa

Post by idahofisherman »

If I go to "Mygraphics" area, both the total individual and total team displays are blank. If I click on any of the links provided I get nothing or can not display page. It only seems to be the total displays, the individual projects work fine.

It is also interesting that Preview works, but not the provided links. Hope you can solve this soon as I am trying to put together a team website for Idaho. If you need more info do not hesitate to contact me as I am retired and spend most of my time in front of my three computers.
Neil
Site Admin

Re: Individual & Team graphics not showing up in graphics displa

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I've checked all the mirrors and they seem to be working ok at the time of this post. I've also taken a quick look at your All-In-One graphics and they seem to be working ok as well.

Is this problem still occuring?

Cheers,

Neil.
idahofisherman

Post by idahofisherman »

Yes it is still happening and here is what I get:

A little box with an red 'X' in it.

If I click the link shown in my graphiscs I get unable to display in a new window .

This is also true if I go to my account. I get the same little boxes with red x in them. I notice that sometimes it appears in my signature in the forums and sometimes it doesn't.
idahofisherman

Post by idahofisherman »

Neil

I wonder if this could have something to do with security settings on my computers? Sometimes I get an information message asking if I want to download this file or not. Could it have anything to do with the size of the file?

I can't add it to the trusted sites because it does not start with https://.

Just some thoughts.

I did some testing with the number of projects to list and here is what I found:

56 seems to be the magic number. I get consistent results of display at 56 or below. Over 56 the display does not work.

I played around using different projects within the 56 total and everything seems to be okay. It does not seem to be project oriented. I hope this helps.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I don't see how the size of the image would cause problems for an Internet security suite, but I am open to suggestions!

In the early days, Norton Internet Security was incorrectly flagging up my mirror redirects as a scripting attack.

What happens if you use a friend's PC or a work PC?

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hmmm...

Having just re-read your post I wonder if the number of projects is actually the problem. My mirror redirects build up arrays of info to pass on which is put into a URL using PHP's urlencode() function. I'm not sure if there is a limit on the number of characters in a URL but this could potentially explain it.

I have put in some code if you wouldn't mind trying it out?

I have set stats scripts for All-In-One user and team graphics to only redirect to a mirror if the number of projects is less than 56. You can tell that redirects are not happening if no mirror number is displayed in the bottom right of the graphics.

Does everything work for you now with 57 projects and above?

Cheers,

Neil.
idahofisherman

Post by idahofisherman »

You fixed it, Neil. Thanks a million. It was really getting frustrating.

I have three computers, two run Norton and one runs McAfee It was happening the same on all machines.

Thanks for your good work and cheers.

I had a friend try to get to the graphic using a Mac Book and Safari, and he got the the graphic does not exist.
I am not to worried about that, but thought you might want to know.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you know if your friend tried out the site before or after I put the fix in place last night?

Cheers,

Neil.
idahofisherman

Post by idahofisherman »

Neil

I called my friend and asked him to see if he could get the team stats from your site. It worked, so when it didn't work must have been before you made the change.

Thanks again for the swift response to this problem.

Cheers

Idahofisherman.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

idahofisherman wrote:Thanks again for the swift response to this problem.
No worries - thanks for helping to diagnose the problem ;-)