Hydrogen@Home stats probs

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
pe6o4

Hydrogen@Home stats probs

Post by pe6o4 »

Hi there!

I think there might be a problem with your Hydrogene@Home stats, see the following news:
'March 31, 2008
We had an unfortunate database mishap. My workunit generator interface was not sending tasks to hosts. I used my backup script but it did not work. When I restored to a snapshot I lost about two weeks worth of data including some new project volunteers. I your account is gone, please join again. I am terribly sorry.'

My account was lost too, and now i cannot add the new account to my stats-projects, because it cannot be found.
Instead it only returns the old one when searching for the name, and it returns another ones account when searching for account ID.
No hurry with this problem, just wanted to let you know.

I hope your moving went well, and you get your new ISP soon. :)
Best regards,
pe.
dainenyu

Re: Hydrogen@Home stats probs

Post by dainenyu »

I have the same problem. Hopefully when Neil gets set up, he can force a stats reset and flush the bad data.
edo

Post by edo »

I have the same problem with Hydrogen... it seems the credits are not updating for this project.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Thanks for all the info - I am aware of the problem but am still waiting for my new ISP to hook up my broadband at the new house :-(

I should be back on the web by May 5th.

I will address any outstanding issues when I'm back online.

Apologies for the extended outage, but I am at the mercy of BT ;-)

Neil.
edo

Post by edo »

Thanks for the update Neil. :beer:
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

I have got the Hyrdogen@Home stats working again (I'm borrowing my parents' bandwidth at the mo as I'm still without Internet access at the new place :-( ).

Cheers,

Neil.