Yahoo! Widget not displaying correctly under 4.5.1

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
John Greer

Post by John Greer »

The exact same thing just happened to me immediately after I updated the Windows Widget Engine to 4.5.1

I'm running v0.82 of the BOINC Stats widget.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi John,
John Greer wrote:The exact same thing just happened to me immediately after I updated the Windows Widget Engine to 4.5.1

I'm running v0.82 of the BOINC Stats widget.
You originally posted in the wrong thread, so I've split the thread to create this new one.

This thread is for the Linux desktop widget which is for the SuperKaramba widget engine. These are two entirely different widget engines.

I've tested the widgets under Yahoo! Widget engine 4.5.1 and they work fine for me under XP. Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

Neil.
John Greer

Post by John Greer »

Thanks Neil!

I only see the problem when I check the "stats in 1,000s" checkbox.
If I leave it unchecked, I see all data. If I check it, I lose the bottom half of the middle column. :?
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

John Greer wrote:I only see the problem when I check the "stats in 1,000s" checkbox.
If I leave it unchecked, I see all data. If I check it, I lose the bottom half of the middle column. :?
Looks like you've found a bug!

My function to insert commas is broken by the looks of things in both versions of the widget (as they share the same code base).

I'll try to get new versions released tonight.

Cheers,

Neil.
John Greer

Post by John Greer »

Neil wrote:Looks like you've found a bug!

My function to insert commas is broken by the looks of things in both versions of the widget (as they share the same code base).
I seem to have a knack for finding obscure things like this :wink:
Neil wrote:I'll try to get new versions released tonight.
WOW! THANKS! :D
Last edited by John Greer on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi John,

I have released new versions of the widgets (see the other Konfabular threads for details).

Cheers and thanks again for letting me know about the bug,

Neil.
John Greer

Post by John Greer »

Neil,

Your speed and abilities never cease to amaze me. I may be new to the forum, but I've been using/following your work for years. Come to think of it, the reason I've never posted here before is because I've been using your stuff for a long time and never needed a single tweak (coming from a guy in the IT industry for over 30-years, that says alot).

Thank you!
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi John,
John Greer wrote:Neil,

Your speed and abilities never cease to amaze me. I may be new to the forum, but I've been using/following your work for years. Come to think of it, the reason I've never posted here before is because I've been using your stuff for a long time and never needed a single tweak (coming from a guy in the IT industry for over 30-years, that says alot).

Thank you!
Your too kind, but it's always nice to get feedback (good or bad) :-)

I intend to add the feature to the stats graphics as well. This will hopefully happen sometime this week.

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Neil wrote:I intend to add the feature to the stats graphics as well. This will hopefully happen sometime this week.
Tis done!

See this thread for more info.