Milkyway@home

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
clarkf1
Established Member

Milkyway@home

Post by clarkf1 »

New project at http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/

No work yet as they're still configuring but it's one to keep an eye on
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Crystallize

Post by Crystallize »

RAC doesn't show up in Milkyway stats.

I added the Milkyway in my sig, the total stats show,
how ever the RAC that I have 4.98 according to my account page doesn't show up at all...

(see in the en of my sig, right now on 7th last place)
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Crystallize,

You've found a bug there in some ways...

For users whose stats are not in a project's XML files, the site attempts to parse their stats from the project's HTML stats. One piece of information that is missing from the HTML stats is the "expavg_time" time stamp. I have updated the parsing code to use the time that the stats were parsed for this value which will now allow RAC values for these user's to be calculated in real time.

As your MilkyWay stats are not yet in the XML stats, the value for the "expavg_time" was stored with the default value of zero, which is January 1st 1970! So your RAC value is calculated to be zero as a result.

Your stats will be correct once they've made their way into the project's XML stats files.

All future account additions done via HTML stats will have almost correct RAC values.

Cheers,

Neil.
Crystallize

Post by Crystallize »

ok 8)
Crystallize

Post by Crystallize »

How ever I can't see that the stats would be updating.
I still got my original stats from the 12th even if the "Site Statistics" page says that they where updated during the nigh. Not my stats anyway ! :?
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

The MilkyWay stats files were last updated on 12th Nov according to: http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/stats/.

Despite this, my site (at present) does not check for the timestamp on the files, it just downloads and parses them even if it's not needed. This is why my site reports that it last updated the MilkyWay stats today.

Your stats are not in the 12th Nov user.gz file - the onus is on the MilkyWay chaps to generate new XML stats, I can't do anything to speed the process.

Cheers,

Neil.
Crystallize

Post by Crystallize »

ok, i see..
Crystallize

Post by Crystallize »

The Milkyways stats have updated today so after the update today new stats and RAC should show up in the sig. 8)
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I've just done an manual update and the stats certainly have updated.

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

Neil.
povaddict

Post by povaddict »

Neil wrote:For users whose stats are not in a project's XML files, the site attempts to parse their stats from the project's HTML stats. One piece of information that is missing from the HTML stats is the "expavg_time" time stamp. I have updated the parsing code to use the time that the stats were parsed for this value which will now allow RAC values for these user's to be calculated in real time.
...so you're scraping the HTML page that may change layout at any time? There is an XML version you should be using... [Example]
Last edited by povaddict on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I know - my bad. It's something I need to do, but I'm easily distracted by UT3 at the moment!

Cheers,

Neil.