BOINC Stats comes to Facebook!

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

BOINC Stats comes to Facebook!

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

If you're interested, you can now add your All-In-One stats graphic from boinc.mundayweb.com to your Facebook.com profile!

Check out http://boinc.mundayweb.com/facebook/ to add yours today.

I have only just created the Facebook application, so if you have any comments, please feel free to post them here or on the application's discussion page at Facebook.

If you would like to review the application, again, please see the application's page at Facebook.

Cheers,

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

Neil,

You rule :mrgreen: :D

Are you on Facebook? I've found 7 Neil Munday's but don't know which one you are.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Yes I am - I had to be to develop the application ;-)

I finally joined after months of nagging etc. and am now slightly hooked. So much so, that I decided to learn how to make Facebook applications.

I thought that my BOINC stats service was a prime candidate for such a task. It looks like mine is the only one on Facebook at the mo. No doubt, others will follow!

I will PM you my Facebook details in a mo.

Cheers,

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

I've publicised this service in the KWSN (Knights Who Say Ni) forums and Facebook group.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

Since releasing the application, I have found that Facebook caches all images on their servers. This means that the images in Facebook profiles for my BOINC Stats application are infact cached and not served by MundayWeb!

To solve this issue, I have set-up a cron job that currently runs every other hour that will update all users' Facebook profiles with the latest copy of their graphics. This will reflect stats changes as well as any changes you make to the colour scheme of your graphics.

Any problems, let me know.

Neil.
JerWA

Post by JerWA »

Neil,

Great job on the stats app, I was searching for one and debating even making my own right when the member above from the KWSN found yours and posted it.

Just one thing I've noticed on mine. The Proteins @ Home project went on hiatus and then vanished from the radar. For whatever reason, my stats show that I got 11 credits for it yesterday... every day. It's been down for weeks now, and no other stats site show the lingering daily credits, so I assume it's because your routine fails to get anything back when you try to poll P@H rather than a zero or some other value.

Would it be possible to either get it to zero or maybe indicate there was an error rather than hold on to the old data? I know, it's a little stupid thing, but I'm a stats junky hehe.

I snagged a copy of the image to show you what I mean:

Thanks in advance. Image

Oh, one other thing... would it be possible to add the option (somehow?) to display team stats as well?
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Glad you like the app.

On the RAC front, I am in the process of updating my entire site to calculate RAC in real-time (some other sites already do this). I have all the data in place - just got to write the code.

It should be pretty simple to add team stats to the BOINC Stats Facebook application.

I'll give it a go tonight.

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Your wish is my command ;-)

If you go to http://apps.facebook.com/boincstats/ you will be able to see your team stats providing that you belong to a team.

From here you can add or remove your team stats graphic to your Facebook profile.

If you belong to multiple teams, then you must choose which team's stats you would like to show by logging into All-In-Account and going to "Your Graphics".

Enjoy,

Neil.

p.s. If you would like to review my application, please go to http://www.facebook.com/apps/applicatio ... 4927514443
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I have added the ability to show how your BOINC credit total compares to your friends that have added BOINC Stats to their profile.

Click on BOINC Stats in your application list to view how you compare to your friends. From here you choose whether to show them in your profile or not.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Neil.
spikey_richie

Re: BOINC Stats comes to Facebook!

Post by spikey_richie »

Got it on my profile page :) Great work :beer:
Neil
Site Admin

Re: BOINC Stats comes to Facebook!

Post by Neil »

spikey_richie wrote:Got it on my profile page :) Great work :beer: