Konfabulator widget released - version 0.91

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
idahofisherman

Date not updating on new widget

Post by idahofisherman »

Date not changing on new widget. It still shows 25/3/07.
KSMarksPsych

Post by KSMarksPsych »

Why on the individual widget is the total printing in a different color but not on the team one?

I actually like it.

Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

idahofisherman -> the date was not changing on the stats graphics either. The problem was that the WEP-M+2 project stats had not been updated since 25/03/07. After looking at my crontab entries, I noticed that I had made a typo which had prevented the crontab from running properly.

I have now corrected the error and the project's stats are up to date which has fixed the date for your stats (and probably others).

KSMarksPsych -> Interesting... What version of the widget engine are you using? I'll have a play on my machines to see if I can replicate your screen shot. Has anyone else seen this?
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi again,

I have tracked down the cause of the problem.

New versions of the widgets will be released tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing out the error,

Neil.
KSMarksPsych

Post by KSMarksPsych »

Way to go Neil!

FWIW, it's the latest version of the widget engine.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

Version 0.81 has been released to address the text colour bug highlighted by KSMarksPsych.

I have also added the "others" pseudo project to the widget to match the feature of the stats graphics.

Enjoy,

Neil.
idahofisherman

New widget not updating automatically once a day.

Post by idahofisherman »

Love the new widgit. The widgit is not updating automatically each day. I have to force it to update by changing the color. I let it go for two days to make sure it wasn't a timing problem on my side or my expectations.

Keep up the good work.

04/23/07 Its working again. Thanks.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

It should be working fine.

I haven't changed anything!

Cheers,

Neil.
idahofisherman

Widgets not updated since 29/04/07

Post by idahofisherman »

The widgets have not been updated since 29/04/07. Have tried rebooting, closing and opening again, changing color, etc.
KSMarksPsych

Post by KSMarksPsych »

I think it's just the date stamp on the widget itself that's not updating.

If you open up the preferences and look under the general tab. There's a check box for displaying the time of last update. Enable that. And check the update time.

I just changed colors and watched my stats update. And when I hover over my user name (that seems to be the only spot that will show the tool tip) it shows the time of the update. But the date stamp at the bottom of the widget isn't updating.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

The date in the bottom left of your stats sig and the widgets is the date that your stats are from. This is calculated by examining when the stats for each of your projects were updated by my site.

These dates can be seen at http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/info.php.

Unfortunately, whilst I was away, Predictor@Home's stats failed to update for a few days. I have now fixed this and your stats should be showing today's date.

**EDIT: XtremLab, VTU and TMRL DRTG's stats also haven't been updating either (different reason though) ***

The date and time shown in the widget's tooltip text is the time and date that the widget last successfully contacted my site to get your stats.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
povaddict

Post by povaddict »

Bug report:
Setting the background image to "None" causes a "Missing" image being shown on dock icon.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Well spotted - you are correct.

I'll try to get a new version sorted soon - unfortunately, I came back from the pub tonight to find that my trusty desktop PC's hard drive has died a death.

Thankfully, I still have my laptop, shuttle and old Uni PC :-)

However, my latest data was on my desktop PC. It looks like I have all the important stuff luckily.

Cheers,

Neil.
KSMarksPsych

Post by KSMarksPsych »

Feature request for you Neil...

Any chance to get a banner view for the widgets??

Ummmm... me and my love of alpha testing is creating a rather tall graphic.
Kathryn :)
The BOINC FAQ Service
The Unofficial BOINC Wiki
The Trac System
More BOINC information than you can shake a stick of RAM at.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Karen,

I believe that this is on the to-do-list. If not, a request was certainly made somewhere amongst the backlog of forum posts.

You can of course restrict the height of your widget by using the "show top N" projects feature.

C&C3 is taking up most of my time at the mo I have to admit! ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.