Need to add ABC@home beta to the all in one account

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
idahofisherman

Need to add ABC@home beta to the all in one account

Post by idahofisherman »

It just opened up to users to day. No hurry.
povaddict

Post by povaddict »

ABC beta is the same project as before. The new project will be the ABC@home stable.
They moved beta project (existing one) to /beta/ and created new stable project where the beta was before. Messy... :?
idahofisherman

Post by idahofisherman »

The problem is that new users can not create an account for abc@home as it is disabled. New users have to use abc@home beta. Therefore when you try to add abc@home beta using abc@home in one account area it is rejected because it can not find the account number. So new users of abc@home beta have no way to include stats in the one account.
povaddict

Post by povaddict »

Neil has to change the beta project URL to /beta/.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi guys,

Surely the BETA version of ABC@Home is a separate project like all the other BETA BOINC projects?

If so, then I only need to add a new project to accommodate ABC@Home BETA?

Cheers,

Neil.
povaddict

Post by povaddict »

It's more messy than that. The existing project is the BETA one, which now changed URL to http://abcathome.com/beta/. And the new project will be the production one, in the URL where beta was before. They seem to have tried as hard as possible to make a mess... Ask on their forums if you have any question about this, maybe I misunderstood all this too...
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

I'm well confused! :-S

So....

Are the stats I have at the moment really for the BETA project?
povaddict

Post by povaddict »

Ask the admin, I'm too confoosed to think :?
DrBob

Post by DrBob »

I believe the stats for ABC@Home http://abcathome.com/ have been reset to zero and the project is projected to start up again in January.

Previous stats have been moved to their beta project, http://abcathome.com/beta/

So yes, as I understand it there are now two separate projects ABC@Home and ABC@Home - Beta, each exporting thier own XML
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

I just created an account but it couldn't find my stats because the url has changed for them.

I think you need to change the url to abcathome.com/beta/ and rename the project in your links etc. to ABC@Home BETA.

Then when the stable one goes live, create a new set of project stats for abcathome.com and call it ABC@Home

All accounts already created will be copied to the stable version database so we can just attach as existing users when it goes live and the account number should be the same for the stats
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Support for the project has now been added.

Cheers,

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

10 Jan 2007
If you are still attached to ABC@home and are actually doing work for ABC@home beta, please finish all your workunits you have today and either reattach to the beta or wait untill the stable is running.
Otherwise you will not be able to report workunits you got from ABC@home beta,
because tomorrow I will remove the reroute from ABC@home to ABC@home beta and ABC@home will then be used for private testing.
If everything goes well, ABC@home will go live on Saturday.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080