World Community Grid

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
brianwc

WCG team stats

Post by brianwc »

Hi,

I just joined World Community Grid (WCG) via BOINC and while yesterday my user account didn't show up in the stats and so I couldn't get it linked here, now it is working. However, I only get a user graphic and no team graphic. The format for the team stat graphics seems fairly consistent here, so I tried it and got a graphic that said, "Could not find team!"

I am part of a team at WCG and I thought from reading the rest of this thread that there were WCG team stats graphics. Is that incorrect or do you think it will just take another day for the team stats to show up? Thanks for any info.

Brian
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

WCG is a bit of pain when compared to the other BOINC projects - no offense to any WCG users or developers!

Basically, they do not provide a team XML stats file, so myself and other stats sites can't provide users with the info.

This can be seen at http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/info.php which shows no teams for WCG.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
JohnF

WCG XML stats

Post by JohnF »

Hi Neil, so this translates into not being able to track WCG stats with MundayWeb at all even if you have a WCG BOINC Account Number? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Trying to consolidate my stats using the Yahoo Wigdet
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Re: WCG XML stats

Post by Halifax--lad »

JohnF wrote:Hi Neil, so this translates into not being able to track WCG stats with MundayWeb at all even if you have a WCG BOINC Account Number? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Trying to consolidate my stats using the Yahoo Wigdet
You can add WCG to your projects list for individual stats and team stats, WCG just does not output much info based on teams such as nationality
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
Neil
Site Admin

Re: WCG XML stats

Post by Neil »

JohnF wrote:Hi Neil, so this translates into not being able to track WCG stats with MundayWeb at all even if you have a WCG BOINC Account Number? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Trying to consolidate my stats using the Yahoo Wigdet
No... my site does track the WCG stats, but unfortunately, WCG do not provide team stats. Therefore, you can only get WCG user stats through my site and other BOINC stats sites.

Hope this helps,

Neil.