What is the increment for updating the Boincstat Widget?

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
idahofisherman

What is the increment for updating the Boincstat Widget?

Post by idahofisherman »

:?: My stats do not seem to be updating on any frequency. Is there a specific increment used and can it be changed by the user? Looking at the graphs in the Boincstat manager the stats look correct and updated, but are not reflected in the Widget. ANy Clues? I can not seem to find anything in the website about it. :(
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

The stats of the various projects are updated every 24 hours.

The stats for the mundayweb sigs and widget are also updated every 24 hours.

However because there is a difference in the times the projects update their stats and Neil updates his, their will be a discrepancy.

I assume boincstats have more resources than Neil does and so can probably update their stats more than once a day which is why they may appear more accurate.

There will always be some sort of lag though.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

ClarkF1 is correct - I update my stats once every 24 hours between the hours of 12:00am and 7am (at present).

The project's XML stats are only snap shots of their databases, so they're never truly up to date. Other sites update their stats multiple times a day, but I currently do not due to the resources available to me and the fact that the stats are out of date anyway seems to negate the time and effort required.

The widget's contact MundayWeb once every 8 hours to grab new stats. This should mean that the widgets usually show the same stats as MundayWeb. You can force a manual update by opening up the widget's preferences and then clicking "ok".

Hope this helps,

Neil.
idahofisherman

Post by idahofisherman »

Thanks guys:

I noticed that the widget was updated this morning. Appreciate your input. It makes me feel better about the whole process. I beleive boincstats to be of great value to the world. Am increasing my memory so that I can run more projects.

Thanks again. :D