ESC key is too sensitive...

Found a bug, need help or have a suggestion for PES then please post here!
rcso2010

ESC key is too sensitive...

Post by rcso2010 »

I love your layout menu. It's fast & clean; too fast some times I end up in the command line...
I suggest to add a "are you sure" dialog box before quitting.

The home menu is boring. Can you add the last games, favorite games & latest news?

Sorry for all the trouble, maybe these issues aren't priority, but I just want to help. So far, no bugs found yet.

BTW, there's any working game list for PES?
Neil
Site Admin

Re: ESC key is too sensitive...

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I have created issue 26 for the escape key request. This will be easy to implement - thanks for the suggestion.

Glad to hear to you like the PES GUI. The home screen is not so boring if you sign up for RetroAchievements:

However, I agree if you do not use this feature then there's a lot of screen real estate not being used. I'll see if I can add say a recently played games etc. thumbnails to the next version. See Issue 27.

I do not have a definitive list of games that work. I have yet to find many that don't with most of the emulators. The emulators that stretch the Raspberry Pi are more troublesome, e.g. N64, PSP and MAME.

I mainly play SNES, NES and MegaDrive games and the ROMs I used work well.

Hope this helps and thanks again for sharing your ideas.

Watch this space!

Cheers,

Neil.
rcso2010

Post by rcso2010 »

I'm singing up to retroachievements right now! thanks for adding my suggestions, also in the wifi step 6 of the webpage it says you can go back to pes with /home/pi/pes/bin/pes.sh but it already changed to /opt/pi/pes/bin/pes.sh
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

rcso2010 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:31 am in the wifi step 6 of the webpage it says you can go back to pes with /home/pi/pes/bin/pes.sh but it already changed to /opt/pi/pes/bin/pes.sh
Thanks for spotting the typo - I'll update the docs at the weekend.

Hope RetroAchievements works for you - I think it's really good.

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Just to let you know that the escape key fix has been implemented as part of PES 2.3.

If you want to the functionality now rather than waiting for PES 2.3 image to be released then please proceed as follows from the command line as the pi user:

Code: Select all

cd ~
mkdir -p git
cd git
git clone https://github.com/neilmunday/pes.git
cd pes
git checkout pes2.3
setup/arch-common/install-pes.sh
Now launch PES:

Code: Select all

/opt/pes/bin/pes