PES 2.2 Available

Found a bug, need help or have a suggestion for PES then please post here!
Neil
Site Admin

PES 2.2 Available

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

PES 2.2 is now available to download.

This new version includes:
  • RetroArch 1.6 support
  • Retro Achievement hardcore support
  • Kodi support
Torrents
Direct Downloads
A guide for converting PES images into BerryBoot images is also available at: https://github.com/neilmunday/pes/blob/ ... RRYBOOT.md

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Neil.
nwildner

Re: PES 2.2 Available

Post by nwildner »

Hi Neil.

I found PES projet on a Github issue that i opened about RetroAchievements on other frontend, and i love the fact that is ArchLinux based since it is my main desktop distribution :)

Is there a way to install Pes without using the provided images? I want to test it with aarch64 on Rpi3. I found no relevant info at the docs home page.

Anyway, i'll also test PES with the default images. It seems to be a interesting project.

All the best.
Neil
Site Admin

Re: PES 2.2 Available

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Glad to hear from another fellow ArchLinux user.
nwildner wrote: Is there a way to install Pes without using the provided images? I want to test it with aarch64 on Rpi3. I found no relevant info at the docs home page.
I've not tried ArchLinux Aarch64 version as on their website they state:
This provides an installation using the mainline kernel and U-Boot. There is no support for the vendor-provided libraries, extensions, or related software. Some of the hardware on the board may not work, or it may perform poorly.
To get PES to work with this distribution take a look at https://github.com/neilmunday/pes/blob/ ... README.txt Once you have checked out the PES git repository you will have to edit the CFLAGS variables in the various set-up scripts under pes/setup/arch-rpi2 to use the correct settings for Aarch64. Once you have then it should just be a case of running each set-up script.

As it happens I have started work on PES 3.0 which (if it works) will use QT5 and SDL2. For this release I am creating packages for each piece of software and I plan to host my own PES pacman repository to make life easier when upgrading (and installing) PES. Therefore, it might be possible to create Aarch64 packages as well.

Cheers,

Neil.