Must eject, re-insert micro sd card for PES to boot

Found a bug, need help or have a suggestion for PES then please post here!
Mexplosivo

Must eject, re-insert micro sd card for PES to boot

Post by Mexplosivo »

Hello Neil,

First of all thank you for sharing this amazing project with us!

I'm currently using PES version 1.4.1. I have made some changes to interface (basically switch to spanish and colors, nothing fancy, not much programming knowledge) but im running into this problem:

Whenever i shutdown PES it will shutdown fine. I then will remove power from it and go do other things. When i connect my pi again the LEDs on it will both turn on green and red on solid and it won't boot. I then remove the SD card and re-insert it and it will work.

This happens every time i power in my pi. Every time i remove sd card and insert again and it will work.

Would you have any idea why this happens? I've tried doing some googling but not much luck ;/
Neil
Site Admin

Re: Must eject, re-insert micro sd card for PES to boot

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Glad you like PES.

I've not come across this problem before. Can you try an alternative SD card?

You might also be interested in PES 2.0 which has a much improved user interface and the latest Raspberry Pi updates.

Let me know how you get on,

Neil.
Mexplosivo

Post by Mexplosivo »

Hi Neil, thank you for your quick reply.

I have yet to try it with another SD card. I did try the same SD with another raspi 2 and had same results; after shutdowni must remove/re-insert SD card for PI to boot.

So frustrating!
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

From what I have been reading and from your reply I do think that the SD card is the culprit. Having solid red and green LEDs means that the Raspberry Pi is unable load the boot loader which is on the SD card under /boot.

I would also recommend trying out PES 2.0 as it includes much newer Raspberry Pi firmware than PES 1.4.

Hope this helps,

Neil.