How do I reset the controls?

Found a bug, need help or have a suggestion for PES then please post here!
ivwshane

How do I reset the controls?

Post by ivwshane »

First off, PES is the first emulation frontend that works with very little hassle, I have finally gotten my wireless PS3 controller to work! Great job!

However, while playing with the settings and trying to rearrange the buttons I messed up the button mapping. Is there an easy way to reset it (delete the joysticks.ini)?

I have a couple other unrelated questions, I'll ask here but I could create new topics if you'd like.

First: can I change the color scheme of the interface or add a colored background?

Second: will you be adding support for any more emulators anytime soon? You've got the primary emulators supported but I would love to have neo geo (with the ability to select arcade or home version) or mame support.

And lastly: do you plan on adding zip support?

I've tried the following:

retropie-but it just never worked right and I never got my wireless PS3 controllers working.
Lakka- Plain (I don't mind) but too simple, with too many options that can't be touched.
Piplay- I liked this one a lot, it had a sweet admin web interface to add roms and configure menu items but wireless PS3 controllers aren't plug and play.
PES- simple and it works, from PS3 controller support to a box art scrapper that works (I just need the above options and I'm golden:D)

Recalbox- I have yet to try it.

Thanks for your hard work!
Neil
Site Admin

Re: How do I reset the controls?

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Glad to hear you like PES. I've always intended it to be simple and easy to use ;-)

Reset Joystick Config

The ability to reset all joystick mappings to their initial defaults is something I have added to my to do list as a friend ended up in a similar position to yourself. If you are able to navigate to Settings -> Configure Joysticks then you get your control pad working again hopefully.

However, this does not work for you then please exit the PES GUI. Now either login into your Raspberry Pi using a keyboard or SSH.

Now at the command prompt run the following commands:

Code: Select all

cd ~/pes/conf.d/pes
git checkout joysticks.ini
cd ~/pes/conf.d/retroarch/joysticks
rm -f *.cfg
Now either reboot your Raspberry Pi to load the PES GUI again (if using SSH) or if you are using a keyboard please run the following commands:

Code: Select all

cd ~
pes/bin/pes.sh -l pes/log/pes.log
When PES loads it will detect that the RetroArch joystick mappings are missing and will recreate them automatically from the definitions in PES' joysticks.ini file that you updated above using git.

Emulator Support

I've been working on PES 1.3 for a while now and I have added support for the following gaming platforms:
  • N64
  • Final Burn Alpha (which also provides Neo Geo and Colecovision support)
  • ZX Spectrum
  • MAME
Zip Support

PES 1.3 will include the zip utilities for those that use the command line etc. For RetroArch, the version already installed under PES 1.2 supports zip files it's just that I didn't enable the zip extension in PES' consoles.ini file.

If you edit ~/pes/conf.d/pes/consoles.ini or via Windows Network -> PES -> config -> pes -> consoles.ini and add ".zip .ZIP" to each console's extension property and then reload PES it should pick up any zipped ROMs the next time you perform a database scan.

PES 1.3 changes

You can follow the progress of PES 1.3 changes by visiting: https://github.com/neilmunday/pes/blob/master/CHANGELOG

Hope this helps and thanks again for your feedback :D

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Re: How do I reset the controls?

Post by Neil »

Hi again,

Just to let you know that since PES 2.0, you can reset your PES settings from the GUI and you can also customise the layout and colour scheme by editing your pes.ini file.

Hope this heps,

Neil.