Vista shutdown problem

A place for comments, questions and news about MundayWeb's BOINC FAQ Service.
ondy

Vista shutdown problem

Post by ondy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:28 am

Hello,

I have problem with WinVista - I applied FAQ advice (Category 06, exit code -1073741510 (0xc000013a)), but with no effect. When Vista is going to be restarted (shuted down), it kills all processes immediately - desktop disappeared in two seconds, so registry entry does not work. Have anyone any idea?
Thanks in advance for help.

Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi,

I think you've got the wrong forum - this for the BOINC FAQ Service - http://boinfaq.mundayweb.com

I have moved your post to another forum.

What are you trying to do? You may be better off doing some searching in Google or posting on the PCFormat Forums.

Neil.

ondy

Post by ondy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:59 am

Hello,

I made post in FAQ service, because it is about You FAQ, that doesn't work for me - that's why I wrote it there.
I don't understand, what's wrong - I asked question about shutting down WinVista with installed Boinc Manager that causing Client Error message for processed work units on different projects...
Have anybody same problem?

Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:27 am

Hi,

Sorry it wasn't clear from your post that you were using my BOINC FAQ or exactly what the issue was as I do run another FAQ for PC problems. Hence the confusion as your problem seemed to be a PC problem rather than a BOINC one.

Have you tried Jorden's suggestion of exiting BOINC Manager before shutting down?

If you need more help, I would advise contacting the BOINC developers via their forums at http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/.

Cheers,

Neil.