Version 2.0 released

A place for comments, questions and news about MundayWeb's BOINC FAQ Service.
Neil
Site Admin

Version 2.0 released

Post by Neil » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:37 am

Hi all,

A pre-release version of 2.0 has been released. This new version includes multi-lingual support.

It is currently being tested by the FAQ moderators. If you find any bugs, please let me know.

Equally, if you have any feature requests, please reply to this post. I can't guarantee every request will be implemented.

I am planning to use cookies to make the site remember your language preference.

Hopefully, the FAQs will be translated over the coming weeks.

Cheers,

Neil.

Ageless

Post by Ageless » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:12 pm

I am still looking for Dutch translators/FAQ writers. If you are interested, please contact Neil or me or leave a note here.

Hermann

Post by Hermann » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:07 am

Hi,
is there an easy way to check if a FAQ has already been translated? If I select a FAQ to translate, it doesn't tell me wether it's already being done. With more and more FAQ's being added it takes quite a while to search the hole listing for finished translations.

Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi,

In the FAQ admin page, FAQs that require translating can be viewed by clicked "View to translate". Also, those FAQs that do not have a "Translate" link by them have been translated into all languages.

Good idea about having some form of locking or notification if another moderator is translating an FAQ. I'll add it to the growing list of modifications.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hermann

Post by Hermann » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks Neil, that helps a lot for right now. :D

Cori

Post by Cori » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:37 pm

Yes, thanks for that "View to translate" link. ;)

Another question: is there any rule according to which we should decide to "publish" a translated piece of the FAQ?
I mean for the few I did so far I decided to publish them but I may come across a point where I think my translation is ok, but someone else does find an error.
Or is that the job for the proof-reader? ;)
Greetings, Cori Image

Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi Cori,

We all make mistakes of course ;-)

If other moderators could look over each other's work every once in a while, it would help.

At the moment, there is not a proof reader concept, however it is a desirable for the future.

Cheers,

Neil.

Cori

Post by Cori » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Thanks, Neil! :)
Greetings, Cori Image