Why is my communication Always deferred in windows 10 x64

A place for comments, questions and news about MundayWeb's BOINC FAQ Service.
nikorian

Why is my communication Always deferred in windows 10 x64

Post by nikorian » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:58 pm

At first I could get additional task for [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected], now they are always deferred. no new work gets downloaded. I have reset to defaults with BOINC but to no avail. Have checked preferences for networking and it is using BOINC defaults. I get work for [email protected] all the time without hiccups.

here is what i have tried so far I have manually allowed BOINC.exe and BOINC.mgr in the windows firewall. Have manually port forwarded 443 and 31416 to the windows 10 computer. I have never had this issue with windows 7 X64. Have even went so far as uninstalling the damn antivirus completely to see if it would start working. Checked each projects preferences to make sure that i did not accidentally suspend or check no more work. Everything I have have checked out so far is exactly like [email protected] But they still won't get new work loads. I even tried using each projects preferred settings but still no help. At a loss here.

Any Ideas?

Neil
Site Admin

Re: Why is my communication Always deferred in windows 10 x6

Post by Neil » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:04 am

Hi,

Just to check, have you updated to the latest version of the BOINC client?

Cheers,

Neil.

nikorian

Post by nikorian » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:21 am

Neil wrote:Hi,

Just to check, have you updated to the latest version of the BOINC client?

Cheers,

Neil.
I am running 7.6.22 the same available for download from server

Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:39 am

Hi,

Do you have plenty of disk space available for BOINC?

It might be worth checking how much space you have told BOINC it can use in the preferences menu.

BOINC's event log might also shed some light on why you can't download work units for some projects.

Hope this helps,

Neil.

nikorian

Post by nikorian » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Neil wrote:Hi,

Do you have plenty of disk space available for BOINC?

It might be worth checking how much space you have told BOINC it can use in the preferences menu.

BOINC's event log might also shed some light on why you can't download work units for some projects.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
Hi,

Yeah I have over 250 GB lFree space left over. It's a fresh install on windows 10.

I wiped and reloaded it to try to see if it was a conflict with something the OS installed automatically.

Still showing deferred. Checked the statistics and No work has been done on 2 projects for weeks

nikorian

Post by nikorian » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:26 pm

OK finally found the issue.

Apparently windows 10 was defaulting to a type of Airplane mode for internet use after a recent update.

It was blocking everything other than Microsoft edge from accessing the internet. So of course no communications could happen. I guess the ones that was running were ones that were stored on the hardrive.

Communication went thru just fine once I got it fixed. Not exactly sure what he did exactly because i turned around to grab my coffee cup and when I turned around again it was working.

Thank you for helping

All's good now

Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi,

Glad to hear you got it sorted in the end :D

Cheers,

Neil.