Requesting Source Code.

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
GrandAdmiralThrawn

Requesting Source Code.

Post by GrandAdmiralThrawn »

Greetings!

Your HP says:
It has never been my intention to charge for service at all as a fellow open source software developer.
Are those BOINC Stats Counters an OpenSource Project? If so, i'd like to run those counters on my own homeserver (PHP5, MySQL5), but rather not like to be an official mirror, because my SHDSL line would be far too slow for that.

I'd basically like to create a small counter database only for our coming SETI@Home Team, using my own server for that task.

Could you send me the source code and propably even the database structure as SQL code or the "Register Account" page source via email?

Thank you very much.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Although my desktop widgets are both open source, my website code is not. This is mainly because it is not in a state that is fit for public release by any stretch of the imagination, and it would take a lot of time and effort to do so, which I unfortunately don't have at the moment.

Part of the problem is that the site started out only supporting Seti and then began to support the other projects. The All-In-One account was then released to alleviate the problem of having separate sites for each project. As a result, the system includes some legacy code and data to keep things going for older users.

Also, the code is not just PHP - it uses a set of Perl scripts to generate some of the web pages and more importantly, download the stats from the various projects.

Best regards,

Neil.