Neil's To-do-list

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Mark Reiss

WCG Internal Stats DO NOT Match XML Stats

Post by Mark Reiss »

Hi:

Check Your WCG Stats, and Global Stats at WCG & on the All-In_One. They are way off.

Mark Reiss
Mark Reiss
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

I think WCG use their own system for working out stats
The calculation of Points is the method World Community Grid uses to calculate your contribution to our Internet Distributed Computing projects.

First, the "strength" of your participating machine(s) is calculated by measuring the following parameters of your machine against the World Community Grid Comparison Device:

• CPU power
• Random Access Memory (RAM)
• Allocated and available hard disk storage space
• Effective downsteam throughput from the World Community Grid Servers to the World Community Grid Agent

The strength of the machine is then multiplied by the effective run time used to complete the work unit and successfully return the results to the World Community Grid Servers. Any parameter can overachieve the like parameter on the World Community Grid Comparison Device. However, the maximum value of your machine's overall strength will be capped at twice the value of the World Community Grid Comparison Device strength.
However, I think they implement the BOINC credit system for the XML stats but these don't appear on the site because they wouldn't match with the stats for people not using BOINC.

According to BOINC I've got 185.84 credits but over a thousand according to WCG.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

clark is correct there is nothing wrong with the stats.

WCG times the finished result roughly fold and put that inflated stat on their website this is so it is a level playing field with the UD client credit system.

The XML data is in the BOINC format as it is only fair that it exports normal BOINC cobblestones rather than inflated results.

So there is nothing wrong with WCG Stats they are correct on the project site and correct on XML
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

Thanks for clarifying the WCG situation.

The BOINC Yahoo! widgets already offer comma separated values.

However, the stats graphics do not - I'll add it to the list.

Neil.
Mark Reiss

WCG XML Stats Don't match BOINC WCG Stats

Post by Mark Reiss »

Hi all:

I understand and accept the computation of the points, but what about the number of members and number of teams.
Mark Reiss
Marky-UK

Post by Marky-UK »

I think there might be a word or two missing from Halifax--lad's post :?

The WGC BOINC credits are multiplied by 7 to get the native WGC credits. Your BOINC client and all of the different BOINC stats sites will show the lower WGC BOINC score instead of the x7 inflated score - this makes the credits comparable with other BOINC projects.

As far as the number of members and teams, again the BOINC stats sites are showing the number of BOINC users, as that is what gets exported to the XML files. For WGC, this is around 5500-5600. The other 148,000 WGC users are using the native WGC (UD) client.

There are no teams as far as WGC BOINC stats are concerned at the moment as the guys at WGC aren't exporting that data yet. This feature will appear one day.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

XML team stats should be produced by the end of next week if the development tests WCG are doing work so keep an eye out for the team stat
Marky-UK

Post by Marky-UK »

Cool 8)

Don't think my team's score is going to change much overnight when they appear though.
Marky-UK

Post by Marky-UK »

XML team stats are now being exported for WGC 8) :D
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

Marky-UK wrote:XML team stats are now being exported for WGC 8) :D
Just what I have been waiting for, it is worth noting as well for anyone who doesn't know it will only show credit to do with the BOINC application and not the UD Client

So hopefully tomorrow the Team 0.00 will go from my stat
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

I have updated the site to download the WCG team stats.

Enjoy!

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

Thanks it just appeared on my team widget
dan_burr_michel

team name on all in one graphic

Post by dan_burr_michel »

Neil...would it be possible to include the team name somewhere on the all in one graphic?...That way i could cut down to using one graphic on the BOINC boards and still have my team name showing.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Dan,

This could be done by using the team name that you have chosen for your All-In-One team graphic. I'll add it to the list.

At the mo, I put the team name in my All-In-One graphic by editing the name field in the "Your Account" section of the site.

E.g.

Neil.
dan_burr_michel

Post by dan_burr_michel »

Thank's Neil!...I think it looks pretty good this way.