Neil's To-do-list

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Noted!

I'll incorporate the change into the update for Seti Classic WU totals.

Cheers,

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

Will just add my other requests here they have been mentioned but probally got lost in all the other threads

1. On the sig boxes a line between the projects and the final total would be nice to see.

2. The ability to switch off the ranking mechanism on both the Sig Stat and Widgets

3. Text in bold on sig stat to make it show up more clearly

4. Classic Seti Stat on Team Stat
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
Nightbird

Post by Nightbird »

When you use the wide image, in the sig boxes, a vertical line between the rank and the name of the projects
Image Image
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I've been thinking about and trying out the new line suggestions. In order to accommodate the extra lines, the hieght of the graphics will have to be increased.

Is this going to be a problem?

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

I wouldn't of thought it would be a major problem its still going to be quite smaller as you can set the preference to dual columns instead of the one long thing I used to have.

Easiest way is bring in the change and lets see what happens
Nightbird

Post by Nightbird »

Let's try and we will see what happens :)
Image Image
Nightbird

6 - to do list

Post by Nightbird »

6 - Allow uses to choose the order of projects in their all-in-one graphics : No longer being considered

A question :wink: why ? (No longer being considered)
Image Image
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

No. 6 is not being considered as I personally couldn't see why anyone would want this feature. I guess people could choose whether to sort by name or credit?

As always, if there's sufficient demand (or a very good idea), then I'll have a go at it. ;-)

Neil.
Xorcist

Post by Xorcist »

Hi,

I'm currently using your excellent Widget, but it would be nice to have it update more often. Now it only updates once a day. What time does it update BTW? When I go into BOINC Manager, select a project and click Update, I get the very latest stats, but this is not reflected in the Widget. This is obviously because the Widget doesn't use BOINC Manager as a source, but rather your web site. So the whole update question then goes to your web site. Can you do more frequent updates? Another solution would be to re-write the Widget to not use your site at all, but rather log directly into each individual project page from the Widget. This would require the user to enter log-in information into the Widget in the same manner as the user have to enter it on your site. Then the Widget user could set the update frequency himself.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

The widget contacts MundayWeb once every 8 hours, or when you change your preferences (a hidden side effect!).

MundayWeb itself updates each project once every 24 hours (as can be seen in item no. 5 of the FAQ). To see when a project was updated, go to http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/info.php.

As each project usually updates their XML stats once a day, it does not make sense to do more regular updates. Also, it can take a while to update the databases, for example, Seti takes over an hour to process.

I assume BOINC manager uses an RPC call to find out your latest stats.

I could probably make a version that monitors the BOINC client. However, this version would not be able to display your rank or Seti Classic info.

Cheers,

Neil.
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Post by Halifax--lad »

I for one am happy with what I have got it would be a bit excessive updating all the time just to get the stats once a day is fine with me.

I don't see a need to know the latest to the minute stats
Xorcist

Post by Xorcist »

OK, I see. Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried to add my stats to my signature, but failed. How do I do it?

BTW: You should add your excellent widget to Yahoo!'s widget gallery.

Keep up the good work!
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Not a bad idea regarding the Yahoo! Widget Gallery ;-)

In regards to getting your stats link to work, log into your All-In-One account and go to "Your URLS".

Here you will find alternative URLs for all your graphics that will work with phpBB forums (and others).

Cheers,

Neil.
Mark Reiss

Commas in All-In-One for Project Stats & Grand Total

Post by Mark Reiss »

Hi Neil:

Mark Reiss here.

Is it possible for you to change this: CPDN 190892.06 437.15 98.98% to this: CDPN 190,982.06 etc. (example)

Note the comma 190 comma.

ow is the WCG XML problem coming?
Mark Reiss
Halifax--lad
Established Member

Re: Commas in All-In-One for Project Stats & Grand Total

Post by Halifax--lad »

Mark Reiss wrote:
How is the WCG XML problem coming?
What problem has WCG got I didn't realise there was one :?

Unless you mean the team XML, if that is what you mean WCG are bringing this is soonish