Neil's To-do-list

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
idahofisherman

Team Widget?

Post by idahofisherman »

Is it possible to have a team widget just like the individual widget? I realize that some users probably belong to different teams on each project, but most of us try to use the same team on all projects we run.

In the worst case, there could be a preference of which team to display in the widget.

I haven't thought about how much disk space this may take, but you are already collecting the data for every individual, per project, so now it would seem like you would need to accumulate team total as well. I realize there are a large number of teams in each project. This may be just a crazy idea.

Love the work you are doing, it has made my life easier and more satisfactory.
Marky-UK

Post by Marky-UK »

idahofisherman wrote:Is it possible to have a team widget just like the individual widget?
There already is a team widget, see http://boinc.mundayweb.com/desktop/

You just have to select which team you want to show from your All-In-One Graphics page, and then enter your AIO UserID into the widget.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Marky-UK is indeed correct - there is a team widget available for Yahoo! Widget users.

At the moment there is no SuperKaramba team widget. If there is a demand for one, I may create a version of Linux users.

I am still hoping Yahoo will get round to releasing a Linux version of their widget engine - it's a long time overdue in my opinion.

Cheers,

Neil.
idahofisherman

thanks Marky-UK and Neil

Post by idahofisherman »

Thanks, That is just what I wanted. Sorry that I didn't look farther for the answer. Some of us are impatient. Thanks again and keep up the good works. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

No probs - we've all been there before! ;-)

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

"Top N project" feature added to both Yahoo! widgets.

Enjoy,

Neil.
Thalamus

Re: Neil's To-do-list

Post by Thalamus »

Hey guys,

Just a quicky, I have added the Facebook BOINC stat application onto my facbook profile, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but the stat box when placed on the user profile page is too wide (even with the wide setting off).

Picture here: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7421/fbpic.png

Using Mozilla Firefox
Desktop Resolution 1600 x 1200

erm... pretty sure thats everything :D

Cheers 8)
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

It's number 27 in my list of things to do unfortunately.

Before Facebook changed their layout, the image was automatically scaled by Facebook on your profile. Unfortunately, this does not happen on the new profile.

You can add the BOINC Stats Facebook application to your "boxes" section of your profile though where it does display correctly.

Apologies to all for the delay in implementing the outstanding items in my list, but due to changes in my personal life, I have not had any where near the same amount of time to dedicate to my personal projects. :-(

Please watch this space though!

Cheers,

Neil.
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

:) Yes, I have noticed that facebook enjoy changing their layout quite a bit :s
Apologies to all for the delay in implementing the outstanding items in my list, but due to changes in my personal life, I have not had any where near the same amount of time to dedicate to my personal projects.
You are doing an outstanding job sir, no need to apologise! :mrgreen:

BTW, if you need any help with any projects that are written in C# .NET just give me a jingle, always willing to lend a hand :)
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Thanks for the kind feedback and for the offer of help. ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

I've decided to close the To-Do-List thread for now as I no longer have enough spare time to dedicate to the items on the list.

Do not panic, I'm not going anywhere - the site will continue to operate and I'll continue to add projects and fix bugs where needed, but there won't be any major changes for the time being.

Cheers,

Neil.