Facebook update

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

Facebook update

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

The BOINC Stats Facebook application has been updated. As the Boxes tab is soon to be deprecated by Facebook, BOINC Stats now has its very own "tab page" for your profile. To add the tab to your profile, click the "+" icon next to your tabs on your profile. You should see "BOINC Stats" listed in the pop-up window. Click this and you will have your tab.

Support for profile boxes is therefore no longer supported.

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Re: Facebook update

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

BOINC Stats now supports posting to your news feed when you pass important milestones for your BOINC projects. You must grant permission for the application to do this. If you have not granted permission, on the application's page it will generate a link that you can click to tell Facebook that BOINC Stats has your permission to post to your news feed.

Cheers,

Neil.
wal

Post by wal »

Hey,
i have a question to Facebook and the posting of stats and showing of graphics.

Boinc stats posts a message on my wall then i reached a milestone in a project. That works fine!

Now i want to integrate the "all in one" statistic graphic on my facebook (using timeline). Is there a possibility, to integrated the graphic and does the graphic automatically update?

thanks
jürgen
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Jürgen,

Welcome to the forums.

You can add the link to your All-In-One stats graphic to your Facebook status it should appear as an image in your feed if you choose to use a thumbnail.

However, the thumbnail is quite small and I think Facebook caches the image so it won't auto update :-(

It might be possible to get the app to post a copy of your All-One-Stats graphic though when you a post a milestone? Would this be of use?

Cheers,

Neil.
wal

Post by wal »

Hey Neil,
thanks for your anwser.
It's correct that facebook show the graphic only static, there is no refresh/update.

To post a copy of the All-One-Stats graphic though when you a post a milestone is a very nice idea!!

Thanks
Jürgen
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Jürgen,

I've now applied the update. It will post a copy of the project's stats graphic when a milestone for that project has been passed.

Cheers,

Neil.