New projects

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

Re: New projects

Post by Neil »

Hi Philip,

Support for the project has been added.

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Another new one:

http://mersenneathome.net/

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

I'll add it tomorrow, cheers.

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Another new one:

http://poseidon.shacknet.nu:8080/MilestoneRSA/index.php

Only just joined this one, so haven't finished a WU yet. Also it's another RSA cracker, so possibly not to everyones taste :)

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

Apologies, I forgot to add Mersenne@Home - this has now been done.

I'm not so sure about the RSA cracker site as it's specifically trying to break a Motorola RSA key. Therefore, I've decided not to add it for now.

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Neil wrote:I'm not so sure about the RSA cracker site as it's specifically trying to break a Motorola RSA key. Therefore, I've decided not to add it for now.
Fair enough :)

Al.
philip-in-hongkong

Post by philip-in-hongkong »

Hi Neil

I am writing for the first time in 2011, so happy new year :beer: . The BOINC world is a bit quiet these days ... maybe it is too cold to work :o . Some new projects have not yet made their first WUs, and some actually disappeared. Others still have no stats exported. There are good old ones no longer available: RCN has gone (project nearly finished or being abandoned?), Hydrogen@Home crashed their server and does not know when it will be back on.

sudoku@vtaiwan has suddenly disappeared early this month. It has now returned but the database has been built anew. Users can rejoin and crunch but all previous credits seemed lost. Their stats files at http://sudoku.nctu.edu.tw/stats/ still showed the position as at 24 December 2010 from the old database. Perhaps it is another case of Cels@Home and there will be an old and a new sudoku@vtaiwan.

Cheers,
Philip
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Philip,

Happy New Year to you too - hope you had a good Christmas.

Thanks for the update. I didn't know Suduko@vtaiwan had messed up their stats. My site has been updating the stats and last updated successfully on the 12th Jan.

Cheers,

Neil.
philip-in-hongkong

Hi Neil,

I have forgotten the effect on wrong accounts. I have re-attached the project and will add me back to the project list. According to them, as long as users can register with the same name as before, they can restore our credits by adding the current saved credits back to the new system later. It has not happened yet and is wishing that they will do it soon, so that no credits will be lost.

Cheers,
Philip
philip-in-hongkong

Hi Neil

ai ya... :oops: I have added me back to the project list but failed to see that the ID is still my old one before clicking the button. I am now 16 instead of 95. May I ask you to remove me from the project once again. Sorry for the inconvinence caused.

Many thanks,
Philip
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Philip,

You can remove a project from your All-In-One account by logging into it and then by going to "Your Projects".

Hope this helps,

Neil.
philip-in-hongkong

Hi Neil,

Project removed. Thanks a lot.

Philip
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

FWIW, the project has now vanished and been replaced with http://androinc.net/

Still an RSA cracker, so not to everyone's taste and possibly not likely to be added to the stats here :lol:

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

Yeah, sorry, I'd rather not add the project unless there is a lot of demand for it.

Cheers,

Neil.
philip-in-hongkong

Hi Neil

Please add Evo@home.

Evo@home is a research project that does research in Machine Learning. This project uses Evolutionary Algorithms to optimize the parameters of different kind of machine learning algorithms.

Cheers
Philip