Error with BOINC/Seti Stats

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
mikepl

Error with BOINC/Seti Stats

Post by mikepl »

Stats for Seti@home are broken starting at page 87. Here's the URL:

http://boinc.mundayweb.com/stats/accounts.php?prj=1&page=87

Here's the error:

Error:Error writing file '/tmp/MYMjtWnB' (Errcode: 28) SELECT accountID, name, country, credit, average_credit, expavg_time, teamID, registered_ts, FROM_UNIXTIME(registered_ts, '%d/%m/%Y') AS regDate FROM temp_users ORDER BY credit DESC LIMIT 8600,100;

Pages 1-86 work properly, but nothing from 87 on seems to work.

Regards,

Mike
Neil
Site Admin

Re: Error with BOINC/Seti Stats

Post by Neil »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for letting me know - I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi again,

Looks like error 28 is "no space left on device" (http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/ne ... 00249.html). This error doesn't seem to happen with other projects so I'm guessing it's a combination of the size of the Seti database and the amount of disk space required by MySQL to process the query. If no sorting is done, (i.e. remove the ORDER statement), the query works fine.

I have raised a ticket with my web host to see what can be done.

Thanks again for reporting the error,

Neil.
mikepl

Post by mikepl »

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the quick reply. I only found this because I was looking for my own rank in the list (it's waaay down there). Is there another way to do this if you have to remove the ORDER from the query?

Best Regards,

Mike
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Mike,

My web host is going to increase the amount of disk space allocated to the /tmp file system which should resolve the problem.

Hopefully this will be done tonight.

For now, they have asked me to take the script offline as it was causing problems on the server (it's shared with other sites).

Once I have got the ok from them, I'll re-instate the script.

Watch this space!

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Neil wrote: My web host is going to increase the amount of disk space allocated to the /tmp file system which should resolve the problem.
FWIW, BOINC Synergy are having serious problems with SETI ... To the point of dropping them from their stats.

Go figure ;)

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

Just checked with my web host - they haven't been able to increase the size of /tmp yet, hopefully it will be done soon though.

Cheers,

Neil.

p.s. Only access to Seti stats have been disabled - all other projects can still be viewed.