FAQ - read this first before posting a question

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

FAQ - read this first before posting a question

Post by Neil »

The FAQ will be steadily updated. For now, here's a few FAQs that I get asked constantly:

1. Why are my stats not up to date?

The BOINC counters rely on the XML stats provided by the various BOINC project's web sites. These stats are merely snap shots of the projects' databases. As such they are never truly up to date.

You may find that you need to enable the exporting of your BOINC stats data to third party sites like mine. This can be done by logging into your account at a BOINC Project (e.g. Einstein@Home) and by going to Account -> Preferences -> Privacy.

2. I have changed team, why hasn't my team name changed?

See [1] above.

3. Why are some domains blocked from registering?

For some reason, my web host's IP has been blocked by some domains. As a result, the automatically generated registration e-mails are lost in the ether.

I have therefore prevented users of these domains from registering.

4. I have forgotten my password - what do I do?

Please go to http://boinc.mundayweb.com/html/login.php to reset your password.

If you no longer have access to the e-mail address that you used to register your account or you do not know your user ID number, please send an e-mail to [email protected]

5. When do the stats get updated?

The stats are updated on a daily basis (i.e. once every 24 hours). You can find out when each project's stats were updated at http://boinc.mundayweb.com/html/stats.php.

6. I can't attach to project X / What is my password for project X ? / Any BOINC related question

Please do not e-mail me with questions about a particular BOINC project's sofware as I have no ties with any project and do not provide any kind of support for them, other than my stats services.

If you need support for BOINC, please consult the project's web site.

7. Why hasn't my registration e-mail turned up?

It's highly likely that your e-mail provider has marked the registration e-mail as spam. Please check your spam/junk mail folders. I have noticed that in some cases, an e-mail provider just decides to discard the e-mail before it gets to you!! AOL is such an example.

8. Why do other stats sites show more up-to-date stats?

My site only updates each project's stats once every 24 hours. Other sites update more frequently, and therefore may have more up-to-date stats. Please also refer to FAQ 1 & 5.

9. Can I have a copy of your source code?

Unfortunately, it is not in a fit state for release due to the way it has grown over the years and there are various inter-dependencies between parts of the code.