SETI Stats on All-In-One Team Graphic

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Raven

SETI Stats on All-In-One Team Graphic

Post by Raven »

I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but, occasionally when I load my team's all-in-one graphic, the stats for SETI@Home are omitted. They don't show up in the list of projects, and my team's credit total is adjusted downward accordingly. It seems to fade in and out every so often. I don't know if you're trying something new, Neil, or what, so, thought I'd make you aware of it.

Cheers!
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Raven,

No one else has reported any problems and I haven't changed the code for sometime.

Is it only Seti@Home? Does it happen at certain times of the day?

It is possible that you may have been viewing your stats graphic at the point that the Seti@Home stats are updated, but this should be almost instantaneous as they are inserted into new tables before being switched over to the old tables.

Cheers,

Neil.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Neil,

It's only SETI@Home that disappears. I haven't noticed at what time of day it was, and, reloading the graphic a few times didn't seem to bring it back right away, either.

(Just tried again, too. SETI is currently showing in the graphic, and reloading through a few different mirrors didn't make it suddenly disappear.)

I'd noticed it a couple times now, or I wouldn't have reported it, since so far it has kept coming back, but, just thought you should be aware of it.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

I think it's got to be when the stats are updated as for the rest of the time, the stats are only used for data look-ups.

Seti's newest stats are made live around 5am GMT if it helps.

Cheers,

Neil.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Neil wrote:Seti's newest stats are made live around 5am GMT if it helps.
I'm usually still at work at 5 a.m. GMT, so, I don't think that's it. If it happens again I'll note things down and report in.
Raven

Post by Raven »

SETI stats disappeared from the all-in-one team graphic again, noticed at the time of this article being posted. Some of the mirror numbers noted were 2, 6, 13 and none at all (the source).

Additional: Stranger still... SETI is only missing from the team graphic, not my personal one.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Raven,

It looks like the Seti Team XML stats file was missing a few teams... 51,035 in fact!

Alas, a sanity check that I had put in my update script had accidently been commented out for testing purposes some time ago.

This code is now back in place and should trap any future problems.

Thanks for pointing it out.

I'm trying to run a manual update, if this fails the stats should be correct in the early hours of tomorrow morning (GMT) when the automated run will next complete for Seti.

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

The missing Seti team data has been restored following a successful update.

Hopefully it won't happen again!

Cheers,

Neil.