"Select the top N..." on graphics

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Marky-UK

"Select the top N..." on graphics

Post by Marky-UK »

I've been trying out the "Select the top N..." option to reduce the size of my sig.

Would is be possible to add the option to display an extra pseudo-project for "Others" showing the credit (and RAC if possible) of the extra projects?

Another idea, how about an option to hide any project with an RAC < 1 (and then optionally to include them for "Others").
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

An interesting idea - I like it ;-)

At the moment my time has been spent working on the BOINC FAQ Service. I have yet to finish my work on moving to the new graphics system for the site. The main work is complete, but there are a few loose ends to do.

I'll add your new feature to the new code when I have finished the work for the BOINC FAQ Service.

Cheers,

Neil.
povaddict

Post by povaddict »

I just noticed a bad bug! Or maybe a feature :D

My sig:

I set the signature settings to show only my top 12 projects. My total says 66010 credits, correctly summing up all the projects. Right? Not really! It only sums up the projects shown on the signature! If you count the projects hidden by the "Top N" setting, I have 87131.52 credits. My total is showing less distributed computing contribution than I have actually done. Making it show only 12 projects is to avoid the signature being excessively long, what I contributed the rest of the projects is still meaningful and should be counted ;)

Summing all projects to calculate total instead of only the ones shown would solve the problem. Adding "Others" as a pseudo-project like Marky-UK suggested would work as well.

The desktop widget does this correctly: it shows only the projects I told it to, but then says "Total (all 27): 87131.52".
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

It's actually a feature or a bug depending on how you look at it.

I need to fix this in the current version of the site and my beta version of the new graphics system to match the widgets.

I will try to fix it as soon as I get some free time.

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

I have fixed the bug by adding the "Others" project.

Any problems, let me know.

Cheers,

Neil.