Problem updating graphic colors

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Krunchin-Keith

Problem updating graphic colors

Post by Krunchin-Keith »

I was updating some of my indiviual graphics. I got most all to work except the colors for Pirates (prj=3). I was unable to change those. The preview showed up correctly, but whenever I clicked the update colors button when the page refreshed the old values were in the boxes again and no color change. Tried several combinations or preset colors.

Cheers and Thankx for the great site and work you do. ;)
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Keith,

Most odd :-S

Everything works for me. Anyone else having problems?

There isn't anything special about Pirates, so I don't know why that one is affected (it worked ok for me).

Have you tried again? Does the message "Your settings were saved" appear?

Cheers,

Neil.
Krunchin-Keith

Post by Krunchin-Keith »

Actually I was getting this message:

Images from boinc.mundayweb.com cannot be used as background images!

which I did not see becuase after updating I scrolled the page down to fast and was missing that.

I removed the background image reference, which I had placed there a long time ago and I was able to update after that.

My appologies.

Don't worry, That banner was never posted on any websites, Only on a private page on my computer I use for myself and rarely view (once a month), so it was not using lots of bandwidth. I actually had done that on a few banners to see how they looked, with intentions of uploading the images to my own web-space for that purpose, which I forgot to do.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

No worries.

The error message refers to when you try to use any images from boinc.mundayweb.com as a background image for your stats graphics. As you can imagine, you could put a bit of a strain on my site if you used other stats graphics as the background image for your other stats graphics.

Indeed, if you used a stats graphic as the background for the same stats graphic, you could introduce a lovely permanent loop!

Cheers,

Neil.
Krunchin-Keith

Post by Krunchin-Keith »

I see your point about the loop, thats a good thing to do.

My image though was the house with pirate's flag, Its somewhere on your site, but don't now where now since I erased the reference. At the time P'rats was down and closed. I put it there long, long, ago, before you added that restriction. I remember wanting to spice the indiviual banners up some and placed images on a few of them to test how they looked, adjusting the colors some. I was going to move the images to my webspace, but never did. Since I rarely view them I just forgot that I never did that.