Superkaramba not displaying properly

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
mirwin

Superkaramba not displaying properly

Post by mirwin »

:cry:
I love Superkaramba and widgets, and was very happy to find one for Seti, I d/l it and signed up for the stats, it works, kinda, the fonts only display the top half, the heater with my name is good, and the bottom is fine, the center with the user info is cut in half. I am using FC5
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

I don't have access to a FC5 machine, but I do know that the widget works fine under Unbuntu and Kubuntu 5.10 and Mandrivia for sure.

Are you using the latest version of SuperKaramba and QT?

Cheers,

Neil.
KSMarksPsych

Post by KSMarksPsych »

I just got Super Karamba up and running (with limited success on most of the widgets I tried).

After installing PyQT plus dependencies yours is now displaying, but I have the same problem. The text is cut off. Click the image for full size.

It's Fedora 7 with KDE, Super Karamba 0.42, PyQT 3.17.3-3.fc7.i386, kgtk 0.8.2.fc7.i386 (which was came up with a search for KDialog) and qt4 4.3.2.4.fc7.i386.

Is my system too new? I know the widget is quite old...
Kathryn :)
The BOINC FAQ Service
The Unofficial BOINC Wiki
The Trac System
More BOINC information than you can shake a stick of RAM at.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Thanks for the new info - I'll fire-up my Linux VMare installation and see if I can repeat the results under kubuntu. If not, then I'll have to try downloading Fedora and giving that a go.

I agree the widget has not been modified for some time, this mainly due to more demand for the Windows/Mac widgets. I wish the Yahoo! Widget engine would work under Linux.

If anyone knows of a truly cross-platform widget engine, please let me know, as I have been unable to find one so far!

Cheers,

Neil.
KSMarksPsych

Post by KSMarksPsych »

Hmmmm

It looks fine now. I don't know why. I did install some developer libs on Sunday to get a program to build. I couldn't tell you which ones at this point though.

Oh well. LIve and learn.
Kathryn :)
The BOINC FAQ Service
The Unofficial BOINC Wiki
The Trac System
More BOINC information than you can shake a stick of RAM at.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hmm... that is odd. Let me know if it happens again.

Cheers,

Neil.