Climate Prediction purging dormant accounts

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
clarkf1
Established Member

Climate Prediction purging dormant accounts

Post by clarkf1 »

Howdy Neil,

It's been ages.

This has been posted on the CPDN boards
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, we are required to only keep personal data for as long as it is absolutely necessary. We will therefore only keep records of inactive volunteers for three years from now on. Initially any records inactive since 2014 or before that date will be removed. We will continue to remove records that have been inactive for three years or more on an ongoing basis.

Therefore anyone who signed up prior to this and has been inactive for over three years but wishes to renew their engagement will need to set up a new account. If you have been inactive for the last couple of years and wish us to retain your email and username, please reactivate your account as soon as possible.

Project credits from these accounts will be retained but will no longer be linked to an email address or username.

Current, active, volunteers, or those who have been active in the last three years, will not be affected by this policy.
Just a heads-up in case the stats go a bit off. Only usernames and email addresses are being scrubbed.
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
clarkf1
Established Member

Re: Climate Prediction purging dormant accounts

Post by clarkf1 »

Also stats here haven't been updated since the beginning of the month.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Good to hear from you :-)

On the stats not updating front, I am afraid it's them not me: http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/stats/ As you can see they haven't updated their stats files for some time.

In regards to the purging of inactive accounts, it will not affect the stats I hold - inactive accounts will remain in my database.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Neil.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

Aaaah.....I'll give them a prod.

I know they're experimenting with a new credit script. Probably turned it off. Everyone lost their credits temporarily and then got them back which really screwed up RAC for a short while :D