*** Name server change ***

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

*** Name server change ***

Post by Neil »

Looks like the size of the stats downloads and the number of visitors is taking its tole on my web host's server. The plan is to move my site to another server with better processing power. This may result in a temporary loss in service whilst the move takes place.

Further details will appear once I know more.

Neil.
Last edited by Neil on Tue May 16, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clarkf1
Established Member

Post by clarkf1 »

Hope it all runs smoothly........

Good luck......
Cruncher: i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads), 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz, 8GB NVIDIA 1080
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Whislt I've been at work, it appears that the site moved over ok and is now running on a nice dual core Xeon web server somewhere in the world.

The site certainly seems a bit faster to me!

Neil.
dainenyu

Post by dainenyu »

Neil, it looks like a few things have gotten lost in transport. My graphic has disappeared (user no. 497), even in the Your Account link. Also, Your Projects and Your Graphics pages load, but show errors. Projects throws an Unknown database 'boinc_burp' error, and Graphics throws
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
In addition, Your URLs loads up to the BURP section, where it again throws the Unknown database error.

Going through the gallery, most graphics are loading. However, the ones that are fine don't seem to be crunching for BURP. So it would appear that it's just the BURP database that's the problem. But what do I know? :)
ThEfT

Post by ThEfT »

Same at me (ID: 74) and some of the others in my team (not all).
ThEfT
BOINC@Heidelberg
http://www.boinc-team.de
Image in love with Image
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Thanks dainenyu and ThEfT - you have found quite a major problem!

It would appear that during the move the BURP database was lost - not my fault as the move was not performed by myself. I have re-created the database using a back-up from yesterday. Hopefully that has removed the "unknown database" errors. I have checked your graphics and they appear to be working fine.

Also, the new server is lacking a Perl module, so at present all stats updates are frozen until my web host has installed the module. Watch this space. Apologies for any inconvenience, but the matter is out of my hands at this time.

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Also...

In order for the BBC CPDN stats to be updated, a number of records in the BBC CPDN database had to be removed to allow the update script to work. This is caused by user records being deleted from the main BBC CPDN XML stats files.

Any problems, let me know.

Neil.
ThEfT

Post by ThEfT »

works fine, thanks
ThEfT
BOINC@Heidelberg
http://www.boinc-team.de
Image in love with Image