New site launched!

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

New site launched!

Post by Neil »

At last after many months this evening I have launched a new version of http://boinc.mundayweb.com.

Many thanks to Al and Chris for their invaluable feedback during the beta! :beer:

If you experience any issues with the new site, please reply to this thread.

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Re: New site launched!

Post by ChertseyAl »

Huzzah! The new site is live! Having been poking the thing with a pointed stick for the last few months I'm happy to see it in the wild :)

Have a good poke about MundayWebers that haven't tried it yet, it's pretty slick :)

Oh, Neil, just one little thing (you know me) but the beta URL is now giving a 404 - Might be nice to say something helpful :)

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Good idea Al.

A redirect is now in place for the old BETA URL's index page.

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,

A couple of problems ...

My sig block is no longer transparent, I always get a white background.

The URLs names are wrong in the AIO grpahic settings popup, they all conatin 'beta' e.g. http://boinc.mundayweb.com/beta/stats.php?userID=11365 though they do link to the live site (but see above). [Note that the auto-URL maker has made the link literal in this post, rather than what it is on the actual page]

The beta site still 404's

That's all for now :)

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

Both bugs squished and well spotted once again.

I also found that new users couldn't register either - this has now been fixed.

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

On the BETA site front, I only added a redirect for http://boinc.mundayweb.com/beta, not all the pages underneath though. Too many to do! ;-)
idahofisherman

Post by idahofisherman »

Having problems seeing the advertizements on the left side of the screen. ddo we need to change the resolution or could you do it automatically. Changing the resolution makes it hard for some of us to read that are oldies but goodies.

This is not a major problem, but if you want individuals to see the advertizements from which you earn cash, this needs to be fixed.

I will try a higher resolution and see if that helps. Love the new website.

I changed resolution to 1280 x 728 and I now can see the total web page with no horizontal scrolling. If possible you might want to change the resolution automatically as other programs require different resolutions.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Thanks for the feedback. I've experimented with reducing the width of the content and I've reduced it a bit. Reducing it any more than it is (without removing an advert) makes the page look quite squashed.

Alternatively, I could remove both the vertical adverts and incorporate a horizontal one into the top banner?

What do you guys think?

Note: the ads generate a small amount of cash which is used to help with domain name fees etc.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

I have no problem viewing the page without any need for scrolling either way. Are you using the monitor's recommended resolution or magnifying stuff?

Neil needs the ads to help him finance the project so maybe top and bottom would help in this case?

BTW I quite understand the needs of those with poor eyesight.. Mine is slowly getting there thanks to AMD which recently I found out I have.