Is Volpex Same As New Volpex@UH?

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Ex_Brit

Is Volpex Same As New Volpex@UH?

Post by Ex_Brit »

:?: I don't think it's the same. If I enter my member ID here I get someone else's name (Fred), team "Boinc@Heidelberg" (for this project only but I'm Team Canada) and totals that I've never earned. Yet my member number (59) when clicked at your website does lead back to my correct profile at their website, but why am I showing Team Heidelberg and a high total when actually I'm at around 20.00 credits right now? (I just attached the project to BOINC for the first time).
Checking their account page shows everything is as it should be so am wondering if something here is linking me incorrectly?
Help!!

http://volpex.cs.uh.edu/VCP/

Edit: Neil I see others reported issues with their Volpex totals too. But I can't see if it's Volpex website fault or not? I think Volpex has reinvented itself lately... something has changed...!!
Good luck troubleshooting this and thanks in advance.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Re: Is Volpex Same As New Volpex@UH?

Post by ChertseyAl »

Are you sure that 59 is your ID? Seems very low if you've only just joined.

I had a look at the user db dump and the user name you show isn't in it.

I also checked the old and new URLs and the stats files are the same.

Something very odd here :shock:

Cheers,

Al.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Actually I went to join yesterday and it said my email was already joined and I discovered that I had joined back in 2010. I guess I had never attached the project to BOINC, or maybe back then the project had no work for ages and I gave up on it, who knows? I can't remember. If I click the user id 59 here it lands on my account there, so something is weird.
I'm inclined to go with what you said over at Volpex's board that the XML hasn't refreshed yet. I hope that's the case.
Neil usually has some insight as to what it might be.
BTW if I uncheck Volpex and try to re-do it. It wont find me by user name at all, only by account ID#.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Pete,

Yep, you are correct. At some point it looks like the Volpex stats have been reset or changed in some way. I can't explain sadly why my update scripts weren't able to handle this as they should purge the previous update's records :-S

Anyhow, I seem to have solved the issue by deleting the old tables for VCP and starting again from scratch. I've backed up the old tables just in case.

Thanks for pointing out the error.

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Thanks Neil, I knew you'd fix it somehow. At their website I'm up to 42 but I guess that takes a while to come through.
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Strange...this is what I see. Some of those other projects I've dropped as I'm only doing CPU projects now.

No big deal, maybe it's server lag or something similar.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Something is definitely stuck Neil, sorry ;-(
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Pete,

My site's snapshot of the Volpex stats before this post was dated: 21:15:03 22/01/2013 GMT

Since the last update was run by my server during the early hours of this morning, Volpex have pushed a new stats dump dated: 21:15:02 23/01/2013 GMT

I've just ran a manual stats updated for Volpex and it's updated your stats.

Remember, my site only checks each project for new stats snapshots once a day ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.
Ex_Brit

Post by Ex_Brit »

Ah OK, thanks Neil.
Peter
Toronto, Canada