web.de domain blocked - * now unblocked *

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
Neil
Site Admin

web.de domain blocked - * now unblocked *

Post by Neil »

As it say's in the FAQ, some domains are "blacklisted" by my site as no matter how I try, e-mails sent to the blocked domains are bounced.

web.de is blacklisted by my site as any e-mails that are generated by my domain are bounced after several SMTP retries and therefore users who sign up with web.de addresses never get their registration e-mails. It also causes me a headache when users e-mail from this domain as I can't always reply - even my Hotmail account gets bounced e-mails from the domain at times.

I have therefore resorted to banning users from using the domain and I believe that's up to web.de to fix the problem as I have no problem sending e-mails to many hundreds of other domains.

The fact that e-mails are bounced by two separate e-mail providers leads me to think that it has to be web.de's problem.
Neil Munday.

Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

The web.de has been removed from the list of blacklisted domains for a trial period following successful communications with one helpful user.

Should no e-mails get bounced from this domain and if I get no complaints from users of web.de about missing registration e-mails, the domain will remain off the list.

Thanks to Matthias for his help.

Neil.