Website BETA launched!

This forum provides an FAQ for users as well as allowing you to ask questions about MundayWeb's very popular BOINC stats services.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Re: Website BETA launched!

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,

I can confirm that the project select box works and the warning popup works :)

Ah, now, the Google ads - Oh dear. Pushes the main panel to the left, leaving a very wonky looking page. Either need something on the left to push the main panel back to centre, or ditch the ads ;)

I'll try the password reset now. If you don't hear anything in the next few minutes, it doesn't work :lol:

Cheers,

Al.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,

Can't enter anything in the user ID field - Tried a couple of FF versions, but nothing happens. The email field is OK though.

Oh, wait, forgot to try Opera ...

Cheers,

Al.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,

Nope. Doesn't work in Opera either.

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

What were you trying to enter in the User ID field on the password reset form? It is expecting your numeric User ID that you use in your stats graphics URLs.

I've just updated the text on the password reset page to make this clearer.

I've also updated the My Account page to display the current user's user ID.

You were right about the horizontal alignment - I missed that through my bleary eyes earlier this morning. Fixed now by including another advert. I only put Google ads on the site to help support the site ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,

I didn't even know/remember that I had a numeric ID!

Seems to me that this isn't going to work.

I might remember my user name, email address, password, mother's maiden name, so why not use those? Usual routine for password reset is pretty simple on most/every site - Asking for a long forgotten ID simply isn't going to work :roll:

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

The numeric ID is used in all the stats graphics URLs, which is what most people use my site for. So even if they forget it, the chances are they have it in a forum signature somewhere etc.

The only reason I ask for both their ID and e-mail address rather than just the e-mail address is to prevent people from resetting another person's password (assuming they know the other person's e-mail address).

I've just realised that the existing site allows you to retrieve your user ID if you have forgotten it, so I'll add that into the new site soon.

Cheers,

Neil.

p.s. thanks for helping test the site ;-)
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

User ID reminder added.

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,

Ok, user ID reminder works, password reset works. But ... ;)

The password reset email says "boinc.mundayweb.com: New Account" - Mr. Picky strikes again ;)

Also, it took me an insanely long time to work out how to change my password. "You can change your password by logging in at the URL above, using your account info." - Ah, yes, but, I'd forgotten or never knew where the '"Account Settings" button lurked until waving the mouse around popped up a ballon over it :oops:

Oh, tried invalid inputs at all stages as well as the valid ones, didn't find anything broken or exploitable. Didn't go into the depths of SQL injection though. Yet :)

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

Ah yes, well spotted. I have corrected the subject of the password reset e-mails.

I've now made it clearer in the password reset and registration e-mails as well as on the "My Account" page how to changed your password.

Thanks again for your help,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,

Just noticed that when adding a project, it doesn't automatically get added to the All-In-One graphic. I don't know if this is what was intended?

Also, the 'sort' options are greyed out in the column dropdowns on the 'My Account' screen - I thought these used to work?

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

I've found the bug regarding not showing a project when it has been added. It looks like by default it's set to be hidden in the AIO graphic. D'oh! I'll take a look at the site soon to fix this. Good spot.

On the sorting front it used to be possible, but I had to disable the feature due to the way I build the JOSN feed for the My Account table. I'll look at seeing if I can code something up to get round this.

Thanks again for the debugging reports ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Update: new projects not showing in AIO graphic after addition now fixed
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,

That works. I deleted a project, added it, and it appeared in the AIO graphic.

I'm running out of stuff to test/break now ;)

Only one thing bugging me at the moment - The total credit is not quite what I expect it to be. There's around 5K missing somewhere. I know you haven't got the last totals from a couple of projects that died ages ago, but that only accounts for a few K. I know about one (now dead) project that was never included, but that's only 1K. Generally my total seems to be ~10K lower than I expect, and some of that is just because the latest stats haven't been retrieved, which is understandable. Those few missing K are unimportant, but I'd like to find them :) I started trawling through every project a few days ago, but died of boredom. I'll try again when I get a couple of hours free :)

Cheers,

Al.
Neil
Site Admin

Post by Neil »

Hi Al,

Sorting of the projects on the "My Account" page has now been implemented.

I'm now working on the admin pages to allow me to administer users which shouldn't take too long. I'm hoping the new site can then launch within a few weeks depending on how much free time I get ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.
ChertseyAl
Established Member

Post by ChertseyAl »

Hi Neil,
Neil wrote: Sorting of the projects on the "My Account" page has now been implemented.
Slight problem in that the project field is still taking case into account, so sorting on project puts the ones starting with lower case letters out of order.

Can't sort on 'Active' or 'Updated' columns. The former would be nice, the latter less useful. Apparently it's possible to sort on the 'Actions' column, but nothing happens, and I'm not sure if it would be helpful to do so :)

Also I'm still not sure if any DPs should be displayed for total credit and RAC. Looks pretty ugly, a rounded up whole number would look so much tidier :)

But, more importantly, sorting by project on the Project Stats page (http://boinc.mundayweb.com/beta/html/stats.php) sets the users and teams columns to zero. Oops ;)

Cheers,

Al.